Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
243 Posts
welcome to the site. love dat CSM. the pix you posted are pretty awesome.8)

cleaning the trd cai filter is a PITA, but it's a job. you only have to every 50,000 miles. i've done mine twice. can't speak on the maintenance schedule for other brands.

the warranty on the trd cai will match your xB warranty if installed by the dealer, 12mo/12,000 otherwise.

have fun with your B, keep up the maintenance schedule, and keep it cleaned and waxed and it will serve you a long time.

· Registered
243 Posts
be sure to check the classifieds on this site. the members here offer some really sweet deals to other forum members.

· Registered
243 Posts
you can transfer your TPMS to the new wheels, no problem. i've had this done plenty of times. they just have to be careful when installing them and mounting the tires on the rim. most reputable shops use padded hardware to mount tires. but it's no harm in asking.

the speedometer/gauges will not be affected if you stay close to the OEM wheel diameter. even when going to a larger wheel, the tire sidewall can be selected to matched the OEM diameter. go to rimsntires.com and use the tire size comparer link in the left column. plug in your desired numbers and read the results.

your OEM lugs should fit any wheel you mount. it would be a matter of personal taste.

aftermarket wheels are usually cheaper than OEM wheels. personally, i prefer OEM wheels because they increase the value of the car.

the OEM wheels MANINTHEBOX has for sale retail for over $1200 for the rims alone. so you'll have the weigh & decide!!!

good luck with your purchase.

· Registered
243 Posts
i just encountered a madman! LOL what we do with our spare time never ceases to amaze me.

those are/were 2005 G35 staggered wheels w/custom scion tC centercaps. same xB bolt pattern, but needed hubcentric rings. the smaller offset give it a wider stance.

there is a trend here in texas with nissan and toyota merging at the dealership level. the autogroup that owns my scion/toyota dealership also owns a nissan dealership. my old service director just took a position as GM of a nissan dealership in ATL.

· Registered
243 Posts
the bolt pattern for the '08 & up is 5 x 114.3, the center hub bore is 60.1mm. i don't believe the bmw 120mm will work without an adapter and they are not safe.

with the centercaps i used the original infiniti caps, popped off the logo, snapped off the clips from the tC caps, sanded and bonded with emblem adhesive. worked out great and has lasted almost 5 years.

· Registered
243 Posts
xXBeBexX, i recommend you start you own introduction thread so everyone can meet you.

you have a very interesting and compelling story to tell. i suggest you copy & paste it. if you need any help let us know. there are NO dumb questions here; we take on all xB2 challenges.

btw, welcome to the site. you're in the right place to learn about your new toy. the love & passion you expressed for the B will fit right in.

· Registered
243 Posts
starting from the newscionxb homepage click on forums. in the members area click on introductions. just above "threads in forum" click on new thread. in the title create an introduction. place your message in the box and then click submit.

· Registered
243 Posts
did you click on "submit new thread"? if so, it may take while to appear. if you feel you didn't do right, just start a new thread...

· Registered
243 Posts
sorry 'bout that hikingmike. i was trying to her directed to the right place. i pm'ed a moderator to help her out. she seemed a bit "thread-challenged". at least it added some traffic to your thread!!!:D

are you getting all your questions answered?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.