Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
266 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Pretty nice ride you got there :)

As for the wheels, I have 18's and I kept my original spare. Unless you get the Big Brake Kit, I think the spare will do just fine! Others guys around here are more qualified to answer, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

· Registered
266 Posts
Thanks! I saw yours in the forums already. I wondered how the black front bumper thing would look with the newer grill style and you did a great job with yours, looks nice. Did you paint the hub caps for the winter picture? Those look darn good too.
Yep, I painted my caps with Flat black Krylon Fusion, it was very easy and low cost!

Then after that, maybe it's CAI? Exhaust?
I suggest a Short Ram Intake ^^ The sounds is awesome :D

· Registered
266 Posts
I may have to paint my hub caps! Even if I get other wheels it will be good to have them. "Flat black Krylon Fusion" - I like the flat black look, including for regular wheels, but cleaning worries me a bit. What's your experience?

Short Ram eh :) What's that like vs cold air intake? Does it make a cool sucking sound? hehe. I'm not really going for sound, and actually I don't want a loud drone going when I take a long trip on the highway, though it would be fun for sure. This is my only car. I will take noise into account for this stuff.

I read on here the TRD cold air intake is decent, maybe not as much of a boost as others but probably quieter. I've not had a CAI before. How is it having a washable filter? You can't just go to the auto-store and buy a new $10 FRAM every so often eh. Is it a pain in the butt to take off and put on or wash?

How about warranty and emissions stuff for the cold air intake/short ram? I'm in Illinois so not a CARB state so I think most aftermarket stuff would be fine. However Illinois follows California in this kind of stuff sometimes so I wouldn't be surprised if it happened tomorrow. For warranty I plan to keep this thing a long time so I don't want to do anything that will detract from that.

I will keep the questions coming if you guys have answers :)
Hubcaps : Since the painted hubs are for my winters wheels, and that we have a lot of snow up in here, my wheels are always dirty with salt or sand that they put on the road. They are very easy to wash and looks very good when clean :)

Short Ram : The engine sounds pretty much stock when driving at a constant speed, but once you ask more from the engine aka "pedal to the metal" you'll find a V8 engine under the hood :p I'm joking around but the sound is impressive compared to the stock intake. The " loud drone" sound comes usually from the aftermarket exhaust, not the intake.

Here's the link to the K&N SRi K&N 69-8613TS You'll find all the numbers and legal stuff you are looking for. I personally bought a dry-charger to put over the filter, since I'll keep it for winter and I don't want my filter sucking snow/rain/slush. The replacement is easy as 1-2-3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.