Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Scion owners.My name is Jason, 37yr old father of 13yr old twin boys. I just got my ride yesterday,, traded in my 06 Malibu SS for it and hoping i made a good choice.As it looks there are manyyyyyyy mods lol so i should b getting busy on it soon.talk to you all soon and hope to get some input.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Welcome Jason. Not a question of if you made a good choice. You did make a great choice. Enjoy your xB and welcome to the site. Lots of nice people here.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Welcome to the best darn xB site around for help and answers.

You made a great choice. It is the ultimate family vehicle hiding in a sweet little street machine. I call it the optical illusion...it looks like a compact car from outside, but has more room than people believe inside. Enjoy the site and the car!

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
The xB2 (xB, 2nd gen- some call the 2011s xB2.5):

Interior- Family wagon/car, LOTS of room
Exterior- Street rod/compact truck/miniature delivery truck
Handling and power- sports car

An EXCELLENT combo, and a GREAT "sleeper" combo. "No one expects the Scion xB . . . " (w/ apologies to Monty Python's "Spanish Inquisition" skits)

I LOVE it! That's what sold me on an xB2 over a used 2006 Mazda RX-8 or 2009 (then brand new model year) Mini Clubman.
The xB retains the first gen's "snail on wheels" reputation in many eyes, but drives like a "bat outta hell" in that it is quick in acceleration and handles on a mountain road like few non-real-sports cars (vehicles designed SPECIFICALLY for fast twisty roads) can. On my favorite mountain twisty, it's limit is only 5 MPH under my Miata- and that is a well set up Miata and my xB still has stock shocks and springs (has Hotchkis sways and great rubber- same as the Miata's rubber).

This combo is why I call the xB2 an "Industrial SportsBox" . . .rather than wagon, SUV, or any other class name.
Maybe, we can get ISB to become a vehicle class . . . much like SUV is for land-tank station wagons that look like trucks . . .

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the nice Welcome :D You can bet if ive got ??? 's ill be asking. My Malibu Maxx SS had nice comfy room in it , but then the transmission blew 1st gear before 46k.Then on top of that a few other Malibu owners i knew started having the same thing happen , so i decided to trade.Top priority was a gas saving family vehicle that was roomy and sporty as well.I'll be taking some pics tomorrow sometime i'll be sure to post. Do i just copy the image code from photobucket to post here or is it different ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks.Yea so along with the hubs being painted i did the vent visors and wire loom as well.Now the taillights are smoked and the engine covers and heat shield are being set up for paint.Just some simple mods till i get the cash for rims and cai. But they are still effective :naughty: Oh yea heres the pics lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.