Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Took delivery on my BSP 2008 xB today (HOORAY - Almost a year of obsessing has come to an end!)

One question though. After my xB was parked in front of my house for about an hour or so, I came back outside and noticed a puddle about 12 inches diameter under the front passenger's side. I did run the air conditioning on the way home from the dealer, but I got down and felt the substance with my fingers. It didn't feel like water (which would have been condensation from the a/c) but rather kind of viscous/greasy... I couldn't tell the color of the fluid, it might have been reddish but it may have been because it was mixed with dirt from the road. It didn't have a strong odor.

Is this a leak I should have checked out, or is it part of the normal break-in period?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Drive your car again for the same amount of time. Park it in another spot. If the same thing happens again take it to your dealer to have it checked out.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
yikes! I never had anything like that. I hope it doesn't happen again!

Glad you got your ride, even w/ a few miles already on it!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, I didn't notice whether the puddle was already there before I parked... my neighbor drives an older beater car and sometimes parks in front of our house. I will have to keep an eye on it.

Thanks for the advice, if it seems to be real I will definitely be back to the dealer. When I mentioned it to the wife, she was like, "Ah, it's fine... it's a NEW CAR!"

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shancopp said:
Mileage on delivery was 253. Driven from South Bend, Indiana to Cincinnati, OH. As others predicted, as soon as I was behind the wheel driving my new baby, all my concerns over having the car driven from far away completely dissipated.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Ryeguy said:
Shancopp said:
Mileage on delivery was 253. Driven from South Bend, Indiana to Cincinnati, OH. As others predicted, as soon as I was behind the wheel driving my new baby, all my concerns over having the car driven from far away completely dissipated.
Exactly!!!! And you'll find that now the hard part is getting "out" from behind the wheel. :yes: Enjoy!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Way to go Ryeguy Congrats! :clapping:

Now stay away from puddles. brushless car washes OK
Puddles under car NOT good!

Happy to hear that you got your ride. :yes:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
danos_xbox said:
brushless car washes OK
Actually, glad you mentioned this. I wondered about the antenna on top of the car going when through car washes. Do you lay it flat, or remove it?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
yanges said:
hey Ryeguy

i take it you had the air conditioning on - it was condensation from the AC under your car ;)
It could be, but he did state that the liguid was oily and not clear like water. One thing I can guarante. Its not Power Steering fluid.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update - false alarm. The puddle must have already been there before I pulled up because I drove it agani today, parked in a different spot and no puddle.

:lol:

Thanks for the help/suggestions though.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks... I think most of the controls are fairly self-explanatory, although I still have to remind myself with the keyless entry, I only need to hit "lock" once and everything locks down, and hit "unlock" only once if I only want the drivers door and twice if I want everything open. Pretty different than the keyless entry system I was used to on my old Hyundai.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ryeguy said:
Update - false alarm. The puddle must have already been there before I pulled up because I drove it agani today, parked in a different spot and no puddle.

:lol:

Thanks for the help/suggestions though.
maybe they just walked the dog on the other side of the road-

why did the dog cross the road ?
to pee on my xb- :rofl:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts