Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up an '08 in Silver and am loving it. I will post pics soon.... once I find my camra and find a good spot to take pictures at.

its in Silver, has 81,000 on the odo and a slushbox, it does have the wing but am not sure if its orignal or aftermarket as there is what looks like grease pen markings on the back glass right under one corner, which seems seems like a mark for lining up, it also has rims made by Katana Wheels, Ninja NJ01 black with a dark red stripe around the edge and the upgraded stock radio with the VFD on it. it seems to be missing the owners manuel and the dealership is going to see if they have anything else for it.

the only issues I have found so far is the vent control wont move over to the right past the vent/floor blend mode, not so bad in summer but I will need that working for winter, it pulls to the right on while driving, and the dome light "door" setting stays on, regardless of the doors open or closed.

future upgrades; I am thinking about lowering it a little cause with the tires and rims the rear hight is... a bit to much gap back there, the fronts seem fine to me. I also want the Oznium LED strips for the front and maybe find me the stock fog lights as well. past that... maybe replace the tail lights with somthing else. I will be moving at least the sub box from my old car to it and maybe upgrade the speakers down the road. quick question on this though, how are the fronts wired? cause its tweeters with woofers lower in door would the speaker line go to the woofer then split from there to the tweeter, or are both wired direct from the HU?

other then that I will post pics as I said as soon as I find a spot to get some good ones.

·
Registered
243 Posts
welcome to the site, bro. you're in the right place to learn about the xB2. i'm confident in time you will get all of your questions answered.

was this a private sale or dealership?

·
Registered
601 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
twas a dealership, I work for the Moss Bros Auto Group as an IT guy, and the GM for our MoVal CJD was really wanting to get me in to a car yesterday, even though I was willing to wait for a month to save up a bit more... but he kept hammering me and told me it the xB might not stay on the lot, which is true though it had been there for 45 days already, so I felt a little longer wouldent hurt, oh well, I like it, it fits me and suits me I think. and as you can see by my join date I have wanted one since they were released so getting one has been very nice. though the Toyota GM might get a little annoyed I went with CJD for the sale, as the xB was on his lot, and the Honda guy might as well cause it was on his lot for a few days too. the cars get moved a lot around the dealerships it would seem.

and yes those are the wheels, never heard of Katana wheels before, though there are hundreds of makers out there and rebadgers.

·
Registered
243 Posts
the dome light should be pushed all the way over to the right. that sets it to come on when you open the door and delayed shut off when you close it.

your hvac controls may have removed and repositioned incorrectly. really can't say for sure. maybe someone else can chime in on that issue.

what kind of warranty did they give you with the sale?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
heh, warrenty? whats that? they at least said they would fix the HVAC control and I will let them know about the pulling to the right and I think I will talk with one of the Toyota techs about the doom light, so its set to turn off after a short time or something?

·
Registered
243 Posts
LOL you'd better stick close to the DIY forum with no warranty.

front-wheel drive cars do have a tendency to pull to the right. but if it's excessive you may need a four-wheel alignment.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
there was/is still an 09 RS6.0 with a stick on the VW lot, though some idiot put 20s on it, without setting proper clearance for it. it scraps when you make any turn. I was wanting that for the stick shift, but it was another 3 grand and I couldn't get financed for that... I have little to no credit and a first time buyer, but it is nice to have a clean car for once that I can call all my own.

·
Registered
243 Posts
i like the '08 - '10 versions better.

take care of you new baby and she'll serve you a long time. @81k i recommend switching to mobil 1 full synthetic on your next oil change. and get ready for the WST fluid exchange @100k.

other than the little quirks you mentioned, it sounds like you got a nice set of wheels.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what is this WST fluid your talking about? also pictures, I have 2 from my cell, I would like to post them, and have a flicker account, is it just as easy as placing the img code in the posting?

·
Registered
243 Posts
World Standard Transmission (WST) fluid. that's toyota talk, sorry!

pm one of the admin/moderators for instucts on the pix.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok here are some quick pics, more later, still have to find my camera and a good spot to take them

·
Registered
243 Posts
yo baby looks clean. you did good!!!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Yeah looking good! Congrats on your first car purchase/first clean car. It does look clean! I want dark wheels for my silver also. Looks like you figured out posting the image from flickr.

I'd definitely let them know asap and get the dealer to fix those odds and ends but you already know that if you work there.

Pretty awesome you have been wanting one for so long and now you got it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oh, quick question guys, whats the capacity of the fuel tank?

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Total: 14 gallons
When the light comes on: 10-11 gallons till full

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
darn, 4 gallons less then my old camry... oh well.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I took the car to my fathers work today to pick him up (he got a new Silverado last month and needed to work on his old truck before selling it, he drove it to work and is leaving it there) and I was noticing that there doesnt seem to be any DRLs, I had it running in park out in the open and no lights in the front, could the previus owner have disabled them? also what about the doom light? is it supposed to stay on for a time before fading off or turning off?

·
Registered
243 Posts
no drl's on the xB2. some members here have created this mod. check the diy forum or start a new thread. dome light has set delay before shut-off; see my previous post.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok, its been a busy week or 2 for me, a front end alinement was done and it was out of whack, its still pulls but not that much now, it might be the ball ends they think or it might be the tires, they seem brand new though I don't know where they were purchased from so no warranty.

And even on my friends new xB.. just just bought sunday, it has no DRLs but a little bulb above the turn signals in the headlights... that only turn on with the headlights? wth are those for? and now I really want the 2011-12 instrument cluster cause not having a clock anywhere but cycling thru the menu is annoying. also I really REALLY like the dome light, I love the fade on and off... that's AWESOME... hehe I know I am easily amused.

here are a few new pictures.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.