Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 2008 scion xb and I was thinking about doing alloy rims for the first time.

Found a craigslist listing for 4 OEM alloy 17" rims with like new Yokohama tires for $450. Is that a good enough deal to spring for these guys? Or are stock scion rims simply a bad call across the board? I don't necessarily have a ton of money and this seemed like a cheap solution to putting a toe in the alloy rim water...

· Registered
979 Posts
If the wheels are in good shape, that seems like a good price for a wheel/new-tire set. They may be OEM for something, but I don't think from a second gen xB.

The OEM steel wheels are 16" and the OEM TRD's are 19". I'm pretty sure there weren't any other OEM sizes. Could they be one of the other Scions or maybe a first generation xB?

In addition to the wheel diameter, you also need the tire size to see how close the rolling circumference is to stock. The wheel offset will tell you how they sit in/out from the hub.

Maybe you could post a link to the CL ad? I don't think anyone here would buy them out from under you. :p

· Registered
161 Posts
If the wheels are in good shape, that seems like a good price for a wheel/new-tire set. They may be OEM for something, but I don't think from a second gen xB.

The OEM steel wheels are 16" and the OEM TRD's are 19". I'm pretty sure there weren't any other OEM sizes. Could they be one of the other Scions or maybe a first generation xB?

In addition to the wheel diameter, you also need the tire size to see how close the rolling circumference is to stock. The wheel offset will tell you how they sit in/out from the hub.

Maybe you could post a link to the CL ad? I don't think anyone here would buy them out from under you. :p
Actually from toyota you could buy alloy scion wheels but you had to pay extra.
Btw op if the rims in your cl add are the tc wheels, those are 5x100 and wont fit. The xb is 5x114.

· Registered
307 Posts
Scion offers a 17x7 +45mm grey wheel upgrade to the regular steelies and 16' upgrades. They are rather nice imo. If they are in good shape, I would definitely jump on them. The tires alone, if new or "newish", would run around 300-350 (I've been pricing them because I have some 17's that I might keep and run....) If these wheels are in good shape, they are a great inexpensive upgrade.

The stock tires that come with these wheels should be size 225/45/17 btw.

Hope this helps man.

· Registered
1,033 Posts
To cushee0: to gain some knowledge and to see what will fit: go to Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com
On the left hand side, click on Shop Rims by car, enter your car info, then on the left hand side click on Size Comparer. The new page will show a comparing tool and give hints about what might fit. Try to keep the rolling diameter the same as stock to minimize speedometer and odometer errors.

In general wheels bigger than the OEM 16" size and the lower profile tires that go with those bigger wheels look cool and give a slight performance (cornering) increase. However they are also more expensive, tend to be heavier, and tend to degrade the ride compared to the stock 16" wheels and tires. Have fun shopping!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.