Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all im new to the site and to the xb world :D.. i just bought my red rs 6.0... and love it so far.. just hoping my mpg get a little better as the motor breaks in.. im wanting to do some mods.. like header and stuff but will it void my warrenty and im saving up for a drop kit and wheels.. what drop kit do you guys recomend?? and what color wheels do you think would look best on red bronge/gold? or black either way i kinda wanted to do a small off set maybe maybe a small stretch.. haha im just coming out of the VW scene and everyone stretches on vw's i guess,,
so let me guys know what ya think

Proud xb owner :rofl:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the site. When you get a chance post some pics of your xB on here both before and after mods. I have not done any of the mods you are ?'ing about so I cannot provide you any further info on them but I am sure that someone else on here can.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Welcome to the site. as far as what mods to do on your xB, do what you like and what makes you happy. A drop is always good for the handling and the usual choices are either Df210 or Nf210 from Tanabe. All depends on how much you are looking to drop it. Look the up and see what you'd like. It's a great little car, so enjoy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i love it so far.. just have to drop it .. i think dropping the xb will look AWESOME!. and idk how much i want to spend i was just trying to get some ball park figures ?
also does anyone know any good websites to get wheels from?
thanks

·
Registered
614 Posts
bigzXB said:
hey all im new to the site and to the xb world :D.. i just bought my red rs 6.0... and love it so far..
Welcome bigzXB! What Release Series number are you? Mine is #167 Dropping and changing my wheels are definitely on my list, but I think I'm going to wait until Spring, snow gets deep around here at times! LOL I'm thinking about going with black rims with red accents. My alloy wheels are just not cutting it!

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Welcome!

A few on here came from VWs to xBs.  I owned an '87 VW Vanagon, Wolfsburg Edition for 7 years (wish I till owned and miss), then a Miata for 10 (still own).
As for wheels, I would look into silver, chrome, black, black w/ red trim, gold, and bronze.  For reds, yellow, gold, silver, white, and black are "classic" combos, going back to the 19-teens (on cars) and common between then and now.  People also do red and blue (light, royal, or navy), red and green, while some like red and purple (today associated with the Red Hat Society). 
It all gets down to what YOU like and if there is a particular reason for a certain paint scheme and/or color combo.
Ex.
-- If Italian or are of Italian descent, red and green are the colors of the Italian flag.
-- If a HUGE Star Wars fan, the Sith often use red and black.
-- If going for a US, British, French, of even Russian theme, some royal to navy trim on red is most appropriate.
-- Red and light blue looks surprisingly good, and have been used in a number of things recently.
You get the idea . . .

I like red/yellow and red/silver, just personal preferences.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.