Scion XB Forum banner

September ROTM Submissions. Who's your fave???

• evilcalvin - post#6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SCXB08 - post#9

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

· Registered
647 Posts
yeah, you guys really should only add 3 pictures. we could disqualify those who add more... AND I WILL! haha.

def digging that HTM ride, shits nice.
I guess you lost last month award then!

· Registered
647 Posts
More like.... He who has the GOLD makes the rules. :)

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Or, in Phobic's case:
He who has the ORANGE makes the rules.

· Premium Member
2011 Scion xB Release Series 8.0 SoundWave
747 Posts
Or, in Phobic's case:
He who has the ORANGE makes the rules.
I dont dig the threats or the abuse of feeble powers on a forum that gets so few hits. I won't be a part of this sh!t. "Super Moderator", this means what again when u guys still can't add colors to your site?

Please delete my ROTM nomination, if this is the crappy way My Idea for ROTM is to be used. I don't want my car refered to if this is the way you run this little site.

· Registered
783 Posts
I dont dig the threats or the abuse of feeble powers on a forum that gets so few hits. I won't be a part of this sh!t. "Super Moderator", this means what again when u guys still can't add colors to your site?

Please delete my ROTM nomination, if this is the crappy way My Idea for ROTM is to be used. I don't want my car refered to if this is the way you run this little site.
I agree.

· Registered
783 Posts
It's just getting a little carried away.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Your right. It's gotten too much. Only recently has such EVER been mentioned. Also, while on it, dudes- watch the language (esp. Phobic). This is/was always family-friendly. That also has gotten too much.
I've been really busy w/ work and family and not moderating enough and not reading enough posts. I read this thread and looked back and was surprised at the language I saw. I was at my church finishing up installing a pole and banner for our 175th Anniversary celebration this Sunday. Tomorrow, I'm working 14 hours, so won't have time to do it then.

My post was picking on Phobic about the color of his car. He has used orange on 2 xBs. I didn't look back (like I should have) to what was posted before. I apologize for that. Looking back, I see better what was going on.
If not quoted and now an integral part of the discussion, I would remove it as inappropriate and likely to be read different than intended. It should not have been posted. On that, I am sorry.

· Registered
647 Posts
This forum is intended for us to share ideas and create comradie amongst the members. We all love these little cars and there is no reason to us to get offended by the simplest of things. If a ROTM is going to create these types of problems we should just get rid of it.

This site although relatively small in terms of activity is small, is def my favortie scion forum. I like the members. River - I have learned a lot from your posts and truly appreciate your knowledge.

I seriously do not care about ROTM. I would rather keep the friendships we have created through this site.

· Registered
1,069 Posts
Going with what TartanJack said, the language has been too much recently. The cleanliness of this forum is what makes it so comfortable and friendly.

I also agree with ManInTheBox, this is the best Scion forum. It may sound silly, but I feel like I know all of you personally. This website is always a tab on my Safari. The ROTM contest is fun in theory, but it's turned into the Hunger Games between some of you. If you all can handle that, then fine. I'm just saying.

· Premium Member
2,527 Posts
I've never understood peoples issue with words. They're only words. If its that big of a deal we should implement a censor like on other forums. but this isn't the thread to discuss that.

I still think some people need to chill out and stop taking things said on a forum so seriously. This isn't life or death here people, its just friends joking around.

· Registered
783 Posts
well, there is a censor, it just doesn't apply to you because you're a moderator.

· Registered
658 Posts
well, there is a censor, it just doesn't apply to you because you're a moderator.
The word censoring programs of most all forums apply to all members of the forum. I would assume this site is no different.

· Registered
783 Posts
i guess it changed. it's censored me before.

· Registered
658 Posts
I think both schools of thought have valid points.

The site would greatly benefit from people relaxing and respecting that people are not out to get you or offend you. Some people's ways of joking is different from others and some people's tolerance/acceptance of what is and is not socially appropriate is always going to be different.

I really have no clue what the best way to remedy this other than assume people are joking when posts appear that way, if you're not sure if there are joking undertones, ask. If your topic/thread is getting off topic you are completely in the green by asking people to stay on topic or having a moderator clean up the thread. Moderators are not power hungry, being an internet mod is not all that fun and really has no benefits when it comes down to it. Any forum with legitimate corrupt mods does not last, this one clearly has.

I don't think this post was needed per-say but as someone who has run a few very successful forums in the past, I felt it might be helpful to some concerned.

· Registered
783 Posts
I really want to post mine, but I haven't found a chance to clean it. :(

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.