Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for responding.Yes stock radio 2010 pioneer. Hooked up amp to battery for main power, gray wire on 10 pin harness as per post on scion life for switched power which did not turn off when radio was off.
After I found that I had no usb, I disconnected the switched lead and pulled fuse from main power fuse holder. still no usb.Thanks

· Registered
159 Posts
im not TOO familiar with the factory pin out, cuz usually i just replace the radio anyways, so i have the aftermarket unit wires to work with. one of two things could have happened. that wire is really a databus wire or something similar and caused damage, or the radio simply needs to be reset, which it seems you did already. did the switched power lead turn off when the car was off at all?? you said when the radio was off, i just wanna clarify. send me a link to the write up you were using, and take a pic of your harness and post it as well.

· Registered
422 Posts
Switching out the stock radio will cancel your usb outputs and controls on the steering wheels. Of course you can get them back up to working but the parts for that are a little on the pricey side.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks again Amped for responding. The link was posted in response to my first question on amp install. It is posted in the audio section and was answered by Maninthebox. The pix there is the same as my wiring.

· Registered
159 Posts
Switching out the stock radio will cancel your usb outputs and controls on the steering wheels. Of course you can get them back up to working but the parts for that are a little on the pricey side.
they arent as expensive as you think. i sell the PAC ones for a decent price, since i get deals on them all the time.

· Registered
159 Posts
does yours have nav? that is listed as a navigation unit. sometimes harnesses are different. is it the same wire (grey, pin 2) on yours and that one. (from the DIY) get a meter or test light and check for sure. thats the only thing by tapping that wire that would cause your issues. theres nothing else that can hurt your radio really. where did you go for the signal wires (RCA) did you use the line output converter and go behind the radio? the only thing that is going to mess up your usb is a wiring error or MAYBE a ground, but thats less than likely.

· Registered
159 Posts
then its a radio issue. that or its something with your ipod or whatever you're putting into the USB. factory stuff is really hard to break, but if it gets the wrong power at the wrong time, it can. thing is that the remote wire doesnt send power to the radio, it only receives a signal to the amps, it doesnt send power the other way. idk man something just isnt adding up. it doesnt make sense that all you did was attach the remote power wire and the usb just stops working. try resetting the car again, disconnect the negative battery cable.

· Registered
979 Posts
I don't have that radio, but is the USB connection a plug in the back of the stereo or a pigtail wire coming out the back? I'm just wondering if you accidentally pulled it partway out.

I suddenly lost the right channel on mine but only for my iPod. Turned out one of the USB cable connections was loose behind the dash.

I'd try to trace the USB cable from the headunit to the plug and see if there is a loose connection somewhere along the line.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.