Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I been looking at the new xB. I kinda like the old one, but this one I love. Haven't gotten to test drive it yet. Was going to today but was snowing and really didn't want to test drive in the snow. I may still go tomorow and check one out in person.

I gotta get rid of my ride. Its a 2000 VW Jetta. Got a VR6 and about 200hp with mods. The car is hot and I love it, but its showing its age, and would love to have a warrenty right about now. Plus the cost of premium gas is killing me.

Having trouble convicing the wife to be that I need a new ride. I got the details worked out and its not gonna hurt the wallet much, but with the upcoming wedding she is kinda skeptical.

So basically I joined the forum so I can get some info on the car and chat to some owners. If anyone is havin a 08xb get together in PA sometime soon let me know. I would love to stop buy and meet some owners and check out the rides.

Also one questions I got. Whats the deal with the Yellow xB???? I see it in advertisments everywhere, and even have it in a photo as my wallpaper. However its not a color choice thats avaliable. Whats the deal? Is it going to be a color option for the 09 model year?

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
eviljack said:
So I been looking at the new xB. I kinda like the old one, but this one I love. Haven't gotten to test drive it yet. Was going to today but was snowing and really didn't want to test drive in the snow. I may still go tomorow and check one out in person.
Took me 2 looks before i decided to for it. First time I saw one was on a sidestreet in Trenton and I thought.' WOW! That looks *cool*.' I saw the Scion emblem on the front, but could not see that it was an xB. A few weeks later I showed up at the Scion dealer to check out an xD, but when I saw the xB I knew that was the car for me.

eviljack said:
I gotta get rid of my ride. Its a 2000 VW Jetta. Got a VR6 and about 200hp with mods. The car is hot and I love it, but its showing its age, and would love to have a warrenty right about now. Plus the cost of premium gas is killing me.
Do you really *have* to run premium? I guess you do if you mention it. I came off a 2001 Beetle TDI. Talk about cheap to run fuel-wise. The maint. costs started killing me, though, and spacewise it got too small. (3 kids that won't stop growing)

eviljack said:
Having trouble convicing the wife to be that I need a new ride. I got the details worked out and its not gonna hurt the wallet much, but with the upcoming wedding she is kinda skeptical.
Well, it *is* cheap to get into the basic xB. $16270 with no options (including dealer prep)

eviljack said:
So basically I joined the forum so I can get some info on the car and chat to some owners. If anyone is havin a 08xb get together in PA sometime soon let me know. I would love to stop buy and meet some owners and check out the rides.
What part 'o PA? I'm in Levittown. Mine is basically all stock.

eviljack said:
Also one questions I got. Whats the deal with the Yellow xB???? I see it in advertisments everywhere, and even have it in a photo as my wallpaper. However its not a color choice thats avaliable. Whats the deal? Is it going to be a color option for the 09 model year?
Gold? Pretty sure that's a concept color, though it may show up. Does look striking.

Bottom line: Get it. It's a fun car to drive, looks GREAT, is decent on gas and has the Toyota reliability factor.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live in Allentown PA. Went by the local scion dealership and checked them out. Love them. They had silver and blue in stock, but both auto;s. So I didn't test drive(want a five speed) but checked it out and listened to the engine and everything. Definatly want one know. Liked the silver, blue is too dark for me. I was hoping for a brighter blue sorta like the new focus, or subaru. Wanted a bright blue with gold wheels. Right now I am thinking black, maybe silver as a backup. Got an idea for black.

Yes I have to run premium in my VR6 Jetta. Its required by the factory, plus I am running performance chip thats designed for highoctane.

Hopefully I will be getting one of these xB's sometime soon.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
:D You don't like the dark blue, yet you'll go black!?! :D

I had one black car many moons ago. Man that car looked great when it was clean.... but it sure was hard to keep it that way.

When I went looking they had a silver.. looked nice, but I'm partial to blue. They also had a teal and a black-cherry one. Didn't really care for those colors. Bought mine at Team in Langhorne.

My brother lives in Coplay. We get up there a few times a year, once always in July for our annual Dorney Park trip. He doesn't have a Scoin, the cretin :)

Get whatever color you like.. they all look good to one degree or another. :naughty:

And of course you must post a picture of whatever you finally decide on :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
The 2008 tC's came in a blue that was really light... called... Blue Ribbon Metallic, I LOVE that color and wish it came on the xB... I also really liked Waveline Pearl... it's a really light blue, like powder blue... but they're both awesome colors...

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not liking the blue has nothing to do with not liking dark colors. Most of my last few cars have been silver. I have had a couple in black. It definatly looks good when clean. However I don't like Navy blue, I like royal blue. Especially WRB, which is a Subaru specific blue. A nice royal blue with gold rims is amazing. The xB in silver looked nice as well, I just have an nice idea for a cool xB that requires it to be black.

·
Registered
30 Posts
eviljack said:
I live in Allentown PA. Went by the local scion dealership and checked them out. Love them. They had silver and blue in stock, but both auto;s. So I didn't test drive(want a five speed) but checked it out and listened to the engine and everything. Definatly want one know. Liked the silver, blue is too dark for me. I was hoping for a brighter blue sorta like the new focus, or subaru. Wanted a bright blue with gold wheels. Right now I am thinking black, maybe silver as a backup. Got an idea for black.

Yes I have to run premium in my VR6 Jetta. Its required by the factory, plus I am running performance chip thats designed for highoctane.

Hopefully I will be getting one of these xB's sometime soon.

Get what color you want, but don't get gold wheels :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts