Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I go to the ER for a Kidney Stone.
Today I get my windshield chipped with a stone while driving to work.

I haven't had my xB 2 months and I get the windshield dinged. I know my insurance has 100% glass coverage, but come on...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Morphine and Dilaudid from the ER did the trick for the pain yesterday. They sent me home with a 'scrip for Percocet, but I've only taken one, and have just been popping Advil every 5 hours or so. The stone has moved south and the tubes are a little larger down there apparently, so less pain. Until I have to pass the thing. The doc said it was 5mm. So I'm going to pee a frozen pea.

But I'm more pissed about the windshield. It isn't a big ding, and they may be able to fix it without replacing the windshield. Don't they have some voodoo for that? It is just a pain to take it in and get it taken care of. I've got bigger things to worry about.

I love my BBC xb2 though. I've been reading this site for awhile. Glad I'm out of the weeds now.

·
Registered
2008 xB
566 Posts
Dutch said:
...But I'm more pissed about the windshield. It isn't a big ding, and they may be able to fix it without replacing the windshield. Don't they have some voodoo for that? It is just a pain to take it in and get it taken care of. I've got bigger things to worry about.

I love my BBC xb2 though. I've been reading this site for awhile. Glad I'm out of the weeds now.
I had windshield chips in my old Honda Element windshield repaired 3-4 times. It doesn't make them invisible, but prevents them from turning into something worse. Cost was $55 per shot, they come to your home or place of business, it takes about 20 minutes and insurance covered the full cost. Forget the name of the service (it's a nationwide franchise), but your insurance company will set you up.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Dutch said:
The Morphine and Dilaudid from the ER did the trick for the pain yesterday. They sent me home with a 'scrip for Percocet, but I've only taken one, and have just been popping Advil every 5 hours or so. The stone has moved south and the tubes are a little larger down there apparently, so less pain. Until I have to pass the thing. The doc said it was 5mm. So I'm going to pee a frozen pea.
Wow, mine was only 2mm but would not move after 3 days so they had to go get it. I was on Percocet for several days after that. Makes my toes curl just thinking about it. :sick:

Good luck with everything.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Oh you men. Try pushing a football out your bottom. :D Once you pass your stone it's over, our football spends 18 years crying and whining at us. And spending our money. Give me a stone any day.

On a more serious note, I've used that chip repair many times on the Civic and he comes to my work or home and it doesn't cost me a thing. 3 a year is all I'm allowed with Allstate.

·
Registered
59 Posts
A friend of mine actually heard his stone hit the porcelain (just before his knees buckled)...

On a more positive note, I have had four toyotas (three trucks, one car) and only one windshield actually cracked. And this was in Alaska when it is near or below freezing seven months out of the year. Hopefully the Scions are as good (thick?).

Hang in there Dutch, and I hope everything comes out okay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.