Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the website for NST and saw that they have an overdrive Alternator Pulley for the 05-10 Tc but not for the 08-11 Xb. What I want to know is will the overdrive Alternator Pulley for the gen1 Tc work on the gen2 Xb?
Before anyone says to call NST I have and didn't get an answer and I've sent them an email and haven't heard back.

· Registered
243 Posts
In 2008, Toyota started using an AOD pulley on all 2nd Gen xB. AOD, I believe stands for Alternator Overrun Decoupler, have bearings inside. Its designed to reduce vibration and noise on the drive belt. The AOD can be removed with a special tool. The NST solid pulley is not recommended for use with the 2nd Gen alternator. An alternative would be to use a tC alternator equipped with a solid pulley and install the NST. I considered this myself, but wasn't sure of the effect it would have on the electrical system and warranty.

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That answers my question vary well thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.