Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't post much, but has anyone seen this or know anyone that has it? I've lurked around and read the threads here about improving our beloved toaster's sounds but I really haven't found a solution that's as clean looking as this and I'm terribly averse to doing any kind of crazy million watt amp, thousand 50 inch speaker thing to my car.

I just want simple, clean-looking, and affordable sound quality improvement (besides saving up for the SNS-200). If you know anyone who has this, let me know what they say about it. Your opinions on it are also most welcome.

OEM Audio Plus - Automotive Sound System

· Registered
318 Posts
that looks pretty slick, and not difficult to install. any word on price?

· Registered
979 Posts
It looks intriguing and it may fit your requirements of a simple enhancement of the stock audio without being over-the-top. Really though, there is not enough information to judge. The only facts about this system I saw on their website are:

1) plug-and-play
2) 8-channel 320 watt (RMS or peak?)

· Registered
27 Posts
that looks pretty slick, and not difficult to install. any word on price?

OEM Audio + Scion has not authorized us to release Official pricing information at this time, but the approximate pricing for the Reference 500CF for the Scion xB is $1895 -

This is the response i got from them.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
For $1900, you could create a great system out of aftermarket parts and careful modification/cannibalizing of the stock parts.
I wonder if that is the approx. for the system itself or for the complete, installed price. If the latter, it's not as bad as it first sounds.

· Registered
979 Posts
When I saw the words "dealer installed" I was afraid it would be really expensive. I would assume that is the installed price. Looks pretty easy though from the video.

I agree with Tartan Jack that you could do much better buying separate components on your own. I have Boston components in front, Alpine coaxials in the rear doors and a Polk Audio amp. It sounds great to me and plays as loud as I would want. I paid less than $250 total.

· Premium Member
2011 Scion xB Release Series 8.0 SoundWave
747 Posts
For $1900, you could create a great system out of aftermarket parts and careful modification/cannibalizing of the stock parts.
I wonder if that is the approx. for the system itself or for the complete, installed price. If the latter, it's not as bad as it first sounds.
$1900?!! thats crazy, it better be insane sounding

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
That # from here:
OEM Audio + Scion has not authorized us to release Official pricing information at this time, but the approximate pricing for the Reference 500CF for the Scion xB is $1895 -

This is the response i got from them.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Actually a reverse to the one before KwikSilver. After the movement, hauling, charging through the mountains, and the like, Tarbh (Gaelic for Bull and pronounced like Taru) just is more appropriate than KwikSilver and FireFly.
Plus, bulls have MUCH more cool artistic possibilities . . .
(inc. a variation of the Toyota oval logo)

Anyways, that has nothing to do w/ this thread . . .

I would like more info on this system AND if they'll sell it direct to customers for them to install and the price for that.

· Registered
1,033 Posts
...you could do much better buying separate components on your own.
I agree with TartanJack, Zinger, and evilcalvin...you can splend much less money and get lots of improvement. In my case I replaced only my rear door speakers with Kicker separate component speakers. I mounted the tweaters up high in the rear doors to improve the music "presence". The DIY is not that hard. Just that change alone made a huge difference and I only spent $80.

Also, make sure your radio is set for xB, the default is TC.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.