Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone have the oem remote start installed part # PT398-52080 ? it was never available in Canada and says only works without smart key but trdsparks says its compatible ? so im not sure if 2008-2010's didn't have smart keys and now they do or if its all a farce because the dealer told me my 2012 does have one yet someone mentioned in a thread that they don't ? I realize I can go aftermarket but I like the fact I can use my existing remote and the Toyota one is a plug and play setup . any input would be appreciated :)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
In the US, you can take your key to an automated key copy machine (like at a hardware store) and it will tell you if your car key is "smart" or not. Maybe you can verify if the key to your 2012 is "smart" or not using a similar machine.

My 2011 does not have a "smart" key and I made a copy of my OEM key and used that non-smart copied key to start my car and drive away.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.