Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about buying the factory fog lights, and came across these factory "style" ones on ebay. Just wondering if anyone else had these on their xB. They're half the price of the OEM ones, but I wanted to know how the quality was. Is the set similar to the factory set, in installation and light output?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-09-10-Scion-XB-OEM-style-fog-lights-Switch-Wires_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem180351544421QQitemZ180351544421QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I installed those on Alfundo's xB. The lights themselves aren't bad, and easy to install. Its the switch and wiring instructions that suck. I personally would rather have the factory switch but it cost $61 just for the switch, and at that point you didn't save much money.

·
Registered
566 Posts
eviljack said:
... Its the switch and wiring instructions that suck. I personally would rather have the factory switch but it cost $61 just for the switch, and at that point you didn't save much money.
The factory lights are "plug and play" which is r-e-a-l-l-y nice.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
so are these, kinda. there's just an extra wire. they work and look fine. i did burn out a bulb after 2 months. the deal with the switch is mine had to be mounted upside down. for some reason it sticks mounted right side up. they produce ample light. they use the bulbs same as low beams. p11 i think it is?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Geezer said:
eviljack said:
... Its the switch and wiring instructions that suck. I personally would rather have the factory switch but it cost $61 just for the switch, and at that point you didn't save much money.
The factory lights are "plug and play" which is r-e-a-l-l-y nice.
Ya, that's why I was thinking the OEM ones would be better. I don't really want unnecessary wires running around in the engine bay. But the price is just so tempting!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alfundo said:
The ebay lights use the same instruction sheet as the factory lights. There are no wires in the engine bay for either install.
Cool, thanks for the info Alfundo. I might just end up getting this set after all, but would you be able to clarify what the extra wire you were referring to is for?

So the install also uses the factory harnesses and such?

·
Registered
143 Posts
What is the factory fog switch part number? I called two dealerships and they have no clue on finding it... doh doh

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
The ebay lights use the same instruction sheet as the factory lights. There are no wires in the engine bay for either install.
For the earlier xBs, there are factory harnesses taped on the corners of the metal behind the bumper. They may have dropped that at some point.
Those harness ends may be hard to see, but those are what the factory fogs plug into.
The factory Yota/Scion set is the fog units and the switch, that's it. All the rest of the wiring is part of the factory harness.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
update on a 5 year old thread...lol

stay away from the ebay fog lights. i used them on my 08 and they were of inferior quality. one lens cracked in the first few weeks and both fogs werent sealed which led to premature, and visible corrosion.

·
Registered
1 Posts
bringing it back...I got a set of the Winjets and am having a problem getting them to fire up. Did most people end up buying a factory switch and tapping the Winjet harness into it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts