Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wut up everybody,
was doing some research on the headunit in an effort to try and salvage the OEM USB, Aux, and bluetooth mic applications in the xB and came across something pretty cool...

Axxess AX-TOYUSB (axtoyusb) USB Adapter to Retain the OE USB in Select Toyota and Lexus Vehicles

^^^ that would be a USB harness adapter which would allow you to activate the factory USB port between the seats under the armrest with an aftermarket deck using virtually no modification to factory wiring. plug and play. gonna get mine soon and let you know how it goes.

i have yet to find a solution for the Aux port - my steering wheel control adapter had an RCA plug solution but i am using all 6 RCA ports on the back of my deck already...the bluetooth mic is next; i'll keep yall posted.

·
Registered
457 Posts
The AUX plug has standard left, right, and shield wiring so you can just splice a set of RCAs into them and it works great. I've done it on mine but turns out I don't really use the plug at all. If your headunit only has a mini jack inpit then you just need to splice a mini jack connector to the lines instead of the RCAs.

·
Registered
457 Posts
^ thanks! sounds good, yeah i havent used it much either...suppose it is a bit antiquated. so if i had this - Metra 70-8114 Toyota Steering Wheel Control Wire Harness w/ RCA

...all i would have to do is cut off the plugs and splice the wires into the factory harness?
No, that is just an accessory harness for the Axxess ASWC so you don't have to splice into the steering wheel control wires. The AUX portion of this requires your radio to have an AUX input of some sort, either RCA or mini-jack, to plug in to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.