Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's that for an introduction.

Well. My name is Mark. In 2006, I won a car. I won 2006 Hyundai Tiburon - Tuscani. I was also an avid participant of newtiburon.com...... very similar to newscionxb.com.

Yeah. I'm a very fortunate dude. I won the car (a blue 4 cyl automatic) and then traded it up for a 6 speed, V6 version, in yellow.

This car was my everything. I rebadged the back to the Korean badges. This was my Porsche. People would point and look and admire my car.

My license plate is U2BROTHR. I'm the dark skinned fellow who would drive his tiburon from U2 show to U2 show (not to worry, I listen to other music too....like rock, house, techno - U2 is just such a rush to see live). My car became famous. After going to many shows and meeting the band many times, I managed to get a picture snapped with my idol on my ride.

Ok.. ok.. ok... so where does the xB come into all of this. Stay patient.

After 7 years (almost eight years) and only 106K kms.... I managed to rear end a delivery truck. Car was smashed up.

My insurance didn't want to fix it. My god. My baby. I managed to get a very good pay out for the car.....but thought.... what am I gonna drive? That car was such a big part of my life. My identity... my almost everything.

Then some incredible news came. My wife and I are expecting. So um... that means, no more sport coupes. Where can I find a rare and peculiar looking car, that can hold my wife and future child, as well as a car that I can mod (I modded that tiburon let me tell ya), as well as a vehicle that is offered in standard transmission (I refuse to own an automatic).

I literally googled car manufacturers found in Canada.....and went down the list to every web page.

Then I came to Scion. Huh? What? Let's see what they have......boom. I fell in love with the xB. It fit all of the above criteria.

Long story short. I bought one. A 2013. A white one. I don't even have it yet. I am picking up on Monday. I'm already trying to price out a short shifter, bumper guard, and CAI.

I'M POSTING BECAUSE I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THIS RIDE....other than there are people who make it look incredible...and that it is kind of a rare vehicle.

Looking forward to learning about this incredible ride. Maybe, somehow, I can make this one famous too :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Um... after all that... I forgot to tell you all... I'm from Toronto, Ontario.....

And yes. Our mayor smokes crack.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Welcome to the site! That's quite an introduction. Too bad about your Tiburon but congratulations on you and your wife expecting! Also congrats on your new ride coming Monday. There's lots of information on this site and lots of friendly advice too. Check out the Forums link at the top of the page and see how other folks have modified their cars. Lots of opportunity for Do It Yourself too. Have fun!

https://sites.google.com/site/brickpigs2011xb/home/useful-links
https://sites.google.com/site/brickpigs2011xb/home/useful-specs

First off...get a spoiler (rear wing) and alloy wheels, they really change the look of the car.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First off...get a spoiler (rear wing) and alloy wheels, they really change the look of the car.
Thanks BrickPig!

I actually ordered a rear wing with the car....so checkmark there.

It is winter in Toronto at the moment. I was about to sell my Michelin X-ice wheels for my Tiburon. They are 205/55/R16...... I just did the research and found out they fit. So I will be using those and in the summer I buy some rims.

I want to run 19's. Are those too big?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Welcome and congrats to all...

You can do 19s as they ate a factory option to buy. Trd. But, not many get them as they are pricy. I think the majority of the board is on 18s. Hmmm. Poll time...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Welcome and congrats to all...

You can do 19s as they ate a factory option to buy. Trd. But, not many get them as they are pricy. I think the majority of the board is on 18s. Hmmm. Poll time...
There are even people on 20's on df lowering springs.
Welcome!
Exhaust for that 5 speed is a must! You must change the mid pipe (scuba tank ) to wake her up!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I think the majority of the board is on 18s.
Agree. Plus I think there are more tire options with 18s that will still keep you close to the stock rolling radius.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
Welcome!!

I'm a big fan of U2 as well

(Band and spy plane)

·
Registered
842 Posts
Welcome to the site. The nice thing about a white xB is that you can do a lot with it. Have fun with your new car and a new baby.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have fun with your new car and a new baby.
I was a part of newtiburon.com, so this site is a nice find. I'm already trying to source a good SRI by using the search engine.

I couldn't get the leather interior option and am looking for the best seat covers for our cars.

·
Registered
72 Posts
A lot of people recommend the clazzio seat covers , I'm pretty sure you can custom order different colors of suede and leather , even choose the color of stitching and piping on them . the only thing they don't come with is the centre armrest . If I had the $ I would purchase them . www.clazzio.com

·
Registered
307 Posts
Welcome to the site! Its definitely one of the best forums I've ever belonged to. Everyone is always willing to help. That pic with Bono is awesome! I love U2 as well, as a matter of fact the Pop album is in my cd player right now (one of my favorite albums of all time). Post pics of your ride as soon as you can!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Being you like U2, maybe mod your B with a U2 theme. Also, the clazzio covers can be custom ordered but they can take forever to be shipped.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you for all the love so far.

Current mods I'm trying to hunt down:

an SRI
a short shifter device (the thing that goes in the engine bay)
a short shifter (for inside the car)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Thank you for all the love so far.

Current mods I'm trying to hunt down:

an SRI
a short shifter device (the thing that goes in the engine bay)
a short shifter (for inside the car)
You could get a k&n short ram. It comes with heat shield.
Axxition makes a 54% short throw that installs in engine bay.
Axxtion Scion Page
For the inside short throw there is a TRD kit.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Never heard of that axxtion one before. I emailed them and asked about the angle change, issues. Price and possible group buy. Ill post it when I get info.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Never heard of that axxtion one before. I emailed them and asked about the angle change, issues. Price and possible group buy. Ill post it when I get info.
I emailed them 6 months ago with no reply. hope you hear from them cause i would buy there product

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Nice to see another Canadian.
Cant wait to see what you do with your xb!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Gah! NOT SO FAST.

The dealer has contacted me and told me that they can only locate two of them in the province of Ontario.

I really don't wanna choose another colour....

Or this means I might have to wait till 2014!

Geeze!

1 - 20 of 141 Posts