Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Clean hubcaps...

Plasti dip

Spray Trigger...

First coat

Many coats

I did this in the back yard, which was a mistake. I had some debris fall while the product was drying, and had to use my fingers to remove it. So here are some of the mishaps.

Not perfect

But close enough... :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yes. They are heat resistant vinyl transfers....
Looks great.

Stupid question, how do you get it in shape of letters/emblem? I'm not familiar with transfers.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #103

·
Registered
206 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
New shift knob. I'd love to paint the silver interior pieces white. Not sure how to get the other trims off. I'll probably use white plasti dip if I did.

The top of the boot of course didn't fit snug with the adapter. I'm considering buying a new boot from redlinegoods.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I like the shift knob and boot.

I'm thinking of adding another power outlet to the center console somewhere (or maybe just a powered USB jack) so I don't have to string the charging cable like that.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
I like the shift knob and boot.

I'm thinking of adding another power outlet to the center console somewhere (or maybe just a powered USB jack) so I don't have to string the charging cable like that.
Yeah.... I use the cig lighter for a usb powering. It is a pain where it is.

·
Registered
206 Posts
New shift knob. I'd love to paint the silver interior pieces white. Not sure how to get the other trims off. I'll probably use white plasti dip if I did.

The top of the boot of course didn't fit snug with the adapter. I'm considering buying a new boot from redlinegoods.

Looks cool. What brand? Does it come in other colors? I like that it looks the same size of the stock one. You find cool accessories and I see you put tissues in the same spot I do lol. And u are playing U2 in radio for good measure lol.

·
Registered
457 Posts
The redline boot won't cover the gap either, it is designed to go around the white plastic ring of the stock shifter. It was prototyped on my car. what you can probably do is run some thread through the top edge of the shift boot and pull it tight so that it closes up against the actual shifter shaft. Good quality boot but it's designed to be a stock replacement in much better material.

Here is a shot of the new one I made that I copied from my Redline boot the other day.

You can see how the base of my shifter flares out and even with that I actually made the new boot a little smaller at the top to close over the ring tighter and get rid of the slight gap I had.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #111 (Edited)
Looks cool. What brand? Does it come in other colors? I like that it looks the same size of the stock one. You find cool accessories and I see you put tissues in the same spot I do lol. And u are playing U2 in radio for good measure lol.
The company is called Sick Speed.

This was the shift knob I got...

White Black Vintage Shift Knob for 5 Speed Short Throw Shifter Selector 12x1 25 | eBay

It comes in different colours.

This is the adapter I got. The boot hole is too big for it to fit in the crease of the adapter. The hole is small enough that the adapter doesn't fall through it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-SHIFT-KNOB-BOOT-RETAINER-ADAPTER-MANUAL-GEAR-SHIFTER-LEVER-M12X1-25-/321269174901?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item4acd229275

This was the knob I *wanted* to get. I'm a school teacher who often drives students in my vehicle....not to mention the fact that I have a little one on the way. So my wifey kiboshed that idea.... ;)

White Black Fing Fast Shift Knob for 5 Speed Short Throw Shifter Lever 12x1 25 | eBay

·
Registered
206 Posts
The company is called Sick Speed.

This was the shift knob I got...

White Black Vintage Shift Knob for 5 Speed Short Throw Shifter Selector 12x1 25 | eBay

It comes in different colours.

This is the adapter I got. The boot hole is too big for it to fit in the crease of the adapter. The hole is small enough that the adapter doesn't fall through it.

Black Shift Knob Boot Retainer Adapter for Manual Gear Shifter Lever M12x1 25 A | eBay

This was the knob I *wanted* to get. I'm a school teacher who often drives students in my vehicle....not to mention the fact that I have a little one on the way. So my wifey kiboshed that idea.... ;)

White Black Fing Fast Shift Knob for 5 Speed Short Throw Shifter Lever 12x1 25 | eBay
GregS has a sick set up!

I like the stock knob but I was looking at a Momo I don't have a short throw.

Lol at original knob you wanted, I like our cars but it isn't fkn fast but fun. Still funny knob.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
The redline boot won't cover the gap either, it is designed to go around the white plastic ring of the stock shifter. It was prototyped on my car. what you can probably do is run some thread through the top edge of the shift boot and pull it tight so that it closes up against the actual shifter shaft. Good quality boot but it's designed to be a stock replacement in much better material.
I'm totally aware that that the redline goods is designed to go around the plastic ring....and that it is based on stock.

I know the diameter of the gap my current adapter. I was going to ask them for a special order.

I had a stock replacement redline boot on my tiburon.....

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Hey, me too. What do you teach? High school math here.

Sorry if I'm off topic :)
Hey Zinger.... I'm an elementary school teacher.

This year = K - 5 Phy Ed.
Last year = Kindergarten
Other years = Grade 4, Grade 5, Grade 6 (all subjects, math, language, science, social studies)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
You can see how the base of my shifter flares out and even with that I actually made the new boot a little smaller at the top to close over the ring tighter and get rid of the slight gap I had.
I just contacted redline....they said they can make the hole smaller for no extra charge. The diameter hole that I need is about 25mm.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I just contacted redline....they said they can make the hole smaller for no extra charge. The diameter hole that I need is about 25mm.
Cool, I had forgotten how helpful they can be. It's been a few years since I dealt with them.

I like the know you were going to get but I can see not running that with kids in the car. Wouldn't do it either since I've got two girls. I've actually been thinking of changing my knob out. Found a guy who makes killer wood and stone knobs, https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nostalgic-Grains/386892538119444 Price isn't too bad either, considering the materials.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Price isn't too bad either, considering the materials.
Those look sweet! Nice choice.

Thanks Greg S for being the Scion prototype for redline goods.

It is these small mods that make me enjoy my xB.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
Still needs a large roof graphic ...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Here are my boots from Redline....I'm very pleased with how these look!

101 - 120 of 141 Posts