Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read in the manual to change the oil at 5K. Now, is this NORMAL or SEVERE driving conditions? Because, after my free oil changes, I will be switching to synthetic. Do not know wheather to stay with 3K or 5K OCI. I live in Las Vegas, Nevada. Stop-N-Go, extremely hot weather, and 95% city driving. So, what do you guys think?

· Premium Member
811 Posts
I don't make the 5K miles in the six-month interval, so I use the calendar instead of my odometer. I drive 95% city and a couple of road trips a year of over 2,000 miles round trip. That's why my second oil change was done a year after I bought it with just 8,800 miles. Now that my free ones are over, I also will be going full synthetic. I've done some research on types, viscosity, and prices. There are a lot of options, so the next six months will be spent deciding. The most important thing is taking care of that baby and being comfortable with that schedule. Keep me posted on the type of synthetic you choose. My service consultant at the dealership said I could bring my own and they would only charge for the filter and labor, so it won't cost much there. The cost is the lubricant.

· Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, guys! I'll post my very first OC.

· Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
callmemrbill said:
I am the same boat as Hellen, I dont go 5,000 miles in 6 months so i just change it every 6 months and get them to stamp my little booklet....OCD....LOL
You're talking about the little booklet that says "Schedule Maintenance" right? I have to get it stamped? I just got my first free service, I just got a receipt from the dealer to what they did to my car. Is that the same?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.