Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,
New to this forum.
I did some search concerning excessive oil consumption but couldnt find any recent one.
My 2011 scion XB consume lots of oil and the spark plugs are. "Ash fouled"
Is there a recall on that car ?
How many miles on the engine ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
80 k miles
Not sure about a recall. Could call a local Toyota Dealer and give them the VIN and ask if there is a recall.

For this part: "My 2011 scion XB consume lots of oil"
Could be piston rings, valve cover gasket or spark plug seals etc.

Unless the issue is totally obvious: Oil blowing out the side of the valve cover etc... I usually start with what I call wetware...

Have done this on more than one car and it worked:
Change the oil filter and then pour in 1 quart of PolyDyn TX7 High Mileage Engine Treatment and put in a bottle of ATP AT-205 Re-Seal Stops Leaks.
ATP AT-205 helps swell up any old hard seals and the TX7 will help with internal lubrication of the engine. Not a very scientific explanation.

I did this to my neighbors 2011 XB that was using a lot of oil and my 2006 XB and a 20 year old Buick Century. Great results with all 3 cars.

Depending on how bad the issue is you may have to retreat the engine again in a month. If after the second treatment and driving a while does not change the issue at all then it sounds like parts will need to be replaced.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Already contacted Toyota. Its a well known issue with Scion but the extended warranty expired on Nov 2020 :(() but because of covid they might extend it....waiting....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts