Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
btw, I finally filled up last night, so I won't have my own #s until I fill up next time, but the Avg. MPG display was just under 20 :(
I've done mostly city driving (only on the freeway twice) and most of my trips in the xB are quick trips to the store, so that's why it's far from impressive. Oh well, at least it doesn't need premium gas like the Eclipse :p

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I just filled up again & I'm not too happy... 16.86 mpg! :(
I live in Sacramento, CA, it's been in the 90s for most of the time & I do mostly city driving. My commute is 3.5mi to work & I have to go through several stop signs before I even leave our neighborhood. I have a lead foot, but I've been taking it easy because there are only 400+ miles on it so far. Oh, and it's an automatic.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Alright... I know I need to do some highway driving to really know if something is up, but I just gassed up last night, so I thought I'd share. After completely babying this last tank, watching the mpg reading almost constantly and seeing a lot of 40-60mpg cruising & 90mpg coasting, I came away w/ 19.43mpg. :(

Driving that way was painful to say the least. I spent every trip getting passed by everybody and their little old granny and feeling like I'm barely moving. It seemed like when the reading was anything over 32mpg I was actually slowing down unless I was going down hill, in which case I'd just coast.

I'm now past 1000mi & I'm just going to use up this tank like I want to drive, unlike how I spent the last few. It's hard to get any joy out of a car when you feel like you have to turn it off and push it to get decent mpgs :rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.