Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am a new 09 owner(Stingray Metallic) and had my car about 2 weeks when I got my first two dents from some jerk who parked next to me. I went to my body guy and I thought he was too expensive so I called a Paintless Dent Removal guy. He quoted me a price over the phone, was at my home in under an hour and an hour later he was done and you can't tell at all where the dents were.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Well, living where hail can be as big as softballs, we're very aware of paintless dent repair. Our last major storm did $4,400 worth of damage to my hubby's truck. The hood had to be replaced, but the top and sides were done with PDR.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Two weeks ago I took my kids to school and parked to walk them in. A lady with 3 open spaces next to me chose the one on right next to me and parked literally a foot away flew open her door and slammed into my NBM. Leaving a nice gray scratch and slight dent. I mean I know she takes no pride in her faded old mini-van but come on, appreciate the box! Fortunately after a wash and wax it's not so noticeable. I may just let it go and see of the Oklahoma heat next summer will pop it out.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cost for removal of both was 125.00 Compared to getting it repainted etc, it was a bargin.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Yeah I got mine the day after I got back from the honeymoon. Its bad. So bad I am gonna have it taken care of PDR won't do as this persona actually removed my paint as well as left a dent. Right in the read door on the drivers side.

G

·
No dents for me *knocks on wood* just a surface scratch from my gfs coach purse (The damn thing cost me an arm and a leg then it goes and scratches my car, the nerve of that thing!!) Oh then I got a $1000 deep scratch from hitting a curb while turning outa a BK parking lot.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Would PDRs still work even on 5 mo. old dents? I got the box in May & got the first dent in the passenger side rear C-pillar, how it got there I dunno. I just remembered PDRs when I saw this tread but it got me thinking won't it crack the paint since it's been there for a while?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't think so, but better to call a PDR guy and ask.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did someone ask for a dent guy? :D. To answer your question...No, the paint does not get brittle with time as far as dent removal is concerned.
I'm constantly repairing panels that got a ding or dent right after it drove off the lot,now it's 23 months and 28 days into a 2 year lease and now they want to get it fixed to return it back in. Once they realize how nice the repair can be they want to kick themselves for staring at the dent for so long!

·
Registered
289 Posts
SPANKY said:
Did someone ask for a dent guy? :D. To answer your question...No, the paint does not get brittle with time as far as dent removal is concerned.
I'm constantly repairing panels that got a ding or dent right after it drove off the lot,now it's 23 months and 28 days into a 2 year lease and now they want to get it fixed to return it back in. Once they realize how nice the repair can be they want to kick themselves for staring at the dent for so long!
Sup Spanky, THANKS for the ENLIGHTENMENT :D. Would you happen to be around 91789, SoCal?

·
Registered
130 Posts
These PDR guys know their stuff. I got a nice sized ding right near the top edge of the driver's door, where the metal curves in towards the window. I'd only owned the car a couple of months so it was really depressing me.

I took it to a PDR, the guy kind of scratched his head and warned me that "it won't be perfect" because of it's proximity to the door's edge and the curve of the metal, but after his 30 minutes with my car, I can barely tell there was ever a dent there.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Some mental midget with a raised mini-truck (*******?) dented my driver's door just ahead and below the handle. (There was PLENTY of space around, no need AT ALL to park next to my door!) Yes, I was kind of pissed when I discovered it !!!

In any case, I had to leave for a few months, but when I got back I contacted my insurance co. and it was ultimately repaired via PDR for $100 total. The end appearance is perfect !!! PDR is great, it's just as&hol# "drivers" I can't stand :(!

·
Registered
30 Posts
i had my dent the second day i had my baby. well really i was in a accident i was the fourth car so really just engraved the license plate into
rear bumper sucked but got it fixed right away.
but for parking lot dents i have 3 yr warranty where they will come to my house and remove any dent for free

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.