Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Suburbs of Chicago. Had my xB since May 2008. She's got almost 74,000 miles on her. I love her so much and she has become a huge part of my identity, with good reason. The HTM is such a unique color.I believe the mirrors are off a 1972-73 Chevy Nova. Not too much done to the car. Just that basket and some Tein S-techs which give it a reasonable drop. I am in the market for wheels (on a budget), and am totally willing to take suggestions.
Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when you removed your mirrors, what did you use to block off that portion of the door that attaches to them?
I used ABS plastic that I cut using templates that I cut from cardboard. I also used the same sheet of plastic to make the fairing you see on the roof basket. I've seen it done with metal but I did not have time to fashion the metal templates and cut and weld them on and repaint them black or wrap them in black vinyl.

Long story short: Black ABS plastic

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How long have you had the s techs?
How's the ride?
The ride on the s-techs is really nice. I put them on June 2011 and they have been absolutely amazing. The first thing I noticed about them was how much body roll was lost. As with most springs the ride is a little bit rougher, and you have to be careful to not go over changes in elevation too fast or else your core support scrapes and the cringe enducing scrape that comes from that is unbearable.

LSS: Since June 2011. & Looow for springs. I feel lower than most others, and the drop is just enough to decrease body roll in the corners and give the car that stiff sporty feel.

·
Registered
21 Posts
looks good!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hey Best.......sorry to be a little slow but I have a couple of questions. When you guys talk about SF (suspension), what exactly are you guys talking about....brand, type?
On the ABS project, where did you get the abs plastic sheets??

Any and all help is appreciated buddy....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.