Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
coming off my '06 tC, one of the things i miss most is the driver and passenger auto up AND down windows. i wanted to know if anyone had looked into possibly putting in auto up and down switches at least on all four buttons on the driver's side (if not driver's and passenger's), and if it looks promising.

i'd imagine, since reuse of parts is so cost effective, that it must be possible due to pre-existing pieces on other models. just wanted to get thoughts/comments.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,904 Posts
I definitely agree... I can't believe this is not a more common feature on other cars. I always thought that if it was on my tC, it was a sign of what was to come on other models. Why Scion didn't include something so useful on a model released after the tC is beyond me.

However, I noticed the other day that I must have gotten used to only having controls for two windows because I kept accidentally rolling down the rear windows. So, now I have the window lock turned on unless someone is in the xB w/ me ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ha! yeah, i think i've done that once or twice.

do you think it would be possible to get four tC switches and replace the existing xB2 driver's window controls? like i said, i would imagine that the sizes are pretty standard, but can't tell just by eyeballing it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,199 Posts
Eric said:
I definitely agree... I can't believe this is not a more common feature on other cars. I always thought that if it was on my tC, it was a sign of what was to come on other models. Why Scion didn't include something so useful on a model released after the tC is beyond me.

However, I noticed the other day that I must have gotten used to only having controls for two windows because I kept accidentally rolling down the rear windows. So, now I have the window lock turned on unless someone is in the xB w/ me ;)
i have been doing the same thing with my windows as i had 2 windows in my Solara.

it seems like it would not add hardly anything to the cost of the vehicle to have auto up/down as standard items.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
I posted information in the 2nd Gen Scion xB Talk area about adding auto up/down (2 or all 4) windows to your xB.

:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Man this is the second time today I ran downstairs to my new XB to check out something I read on this site and sure enough..yep no auto. Now I am going to try and find the fix.

God bless
John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,707 Posts
Revrent said:
Man this is the second time today I ran downstairs to my new XB to check out something I read on this site and sure enough..yep no auto. Now I am going to try and find the fix.

God bless
John
:rofl: The NewScionxB workout! lol!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,036 Posts
08xBthrill said:
I posted information in the 2nd Gen Scion xB Talk area about adding auto up/down (2 or all 4) windows to your xB.

:thumbsup:
May we have the link, please?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,036 Posts
Thanks, Eric. Been so long I forgot about that thread :)

I'm getting close to having those parts installed, and am wondering..

Would something like that void the power window warranty?

Would this cause any premature wear on the regulator or motor?

Does the xB have an anti-pinch feature in the window up sequence?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
I would like to add to this that along with a auto up/down for both driver and passenger. I wish that when you had the lock on the driver could control all the windows and not just the drivers side. That wuld be a option I would definitely like to see. I would like to control all the windows if they are locked.

I have control issues.......:eek:hno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,202 Posts
Actually that was one thing bob and I talked about during our trip. Can't remember the Jetta for sure, but my uncles maxima once the windows were locked no one could open or close them except the driver which was awsome. On the jetta I now it was different but I forget how.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top