Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone interested in having one-touch up/down front (and rear) windows, you can add one DEI 530T for the front only or two DEI 530T's for all four windows. You do not have to have an alarm system for this functionality. I am researching further to know if the with windows can be rolled up when you lock for xB with the factory Keyless Fob. (W/O Alarm System).

As soon as I have the information, I will post. :book:

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
08xBthrill said:
For anyone interested in having one-touch up/down front (and rear) windows, you can add one DEI 530T for the front only or two DEI 530T's for all four windows. You do not have to have an alarm system for this functionality. I am researching further to know if the with windows can be rolled up when you lock for xB with the factory Keyless Fob. (W/O Alarm System).

As soon as I have the information, I will post. :book:
i am getting something similar done with front windows w/ auto up/down as soon as i have a few extra $$ - i am also adding an auto on light sensor to turn my lights on during the day...

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
This would be awesome. VW has this feature from the factory, using the key in the door lock.

The website Alientech.net went one better and programmed a chip to install (As far as I know right now, exclusive to VWs) into the wiring harness inside the door that allows the remote to operate the windows. The way mine works is: 3 open pushes unlocks both doors and opens both windows. After exiting, a push on unlock then lock locks both doors and rolls up the windows. If teh VW sunroof is in teh car, it closes that as well. It can also crack the windows open in 3 increments.. 1/4, 1/2 and 1 inch (or something like that).

If you do this, PLEASE post a  how-to, especially how to get the door panel off and which wires to tap into :)

I found 2 sources for the part, about $55.00 shipped:
http://www.electronicsbonanza.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?sku=DEI-530T&idProduct=11884
http://www.antonline.com/p_530T-GA_239709.htm?gclid=CKPGlMvM-Y8CFQ2nGgodOW3slQ

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The units are mounted under the dash, the accompaning instructions show you what wires to tap, no need to pull door panels. Excellent price from both of the sources that boblamb58 found. If you do not have an alarm system you will need to add the 528T Pulse Relay to roll the windows up when you lock your xB with the factory remote.

:)

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
08xBthrill said:
The units are mounted under the dash, the accompaning instructions show you what wires to tap, no need to pull door panels.  Excellent price from both of the sources that boblamb58 found.  If you do not have an alarm system you will need to add the 528T Pulse Relay to roll the windows up when you lock your xB with the factory remote.

:)
OOh.. even better :)

Looks like total cost to be about $75.00 with shipping, maybe a bit less.

I have also discovered that both these parts can be found at Amazon.com, for about the same price.

·
Registered
128 Posts
That's awesome, just what I'm looking for. I wanted those on the old xB cause as soon as I got in the car the radio went up and the windows went down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts