Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying my xB in about a month and the only accessory I'm considering is the fog light kit. Do they really provide a benefit in inclement weather conditions, or are they mostly for appearance?

Opinions welcome and encouraged. Thanks!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Don't have them on my XB but I've had fog lights on several previous cars and although they look good, I wouldn't pay extra for them for their functional value.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I've got em and was surprised how much extra light they throw out. I'm glad I got them, as it was on my "maybe" list of options originally.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Foglights throw a low, wide beam that provides short range illumination while minimizing glare from light reflecting off the fog back at the driver. They don't provide the illumination that driving lights do, nor are they intended to. That said, most people drive around with them on because they look cool.

G

·
0 Posts
I love my fog lights they work well Id recomend getting them if you have some fog where you live if not there pretty pointles unless you like the added look. I drive around with them on if my lights are on to increase my visibilty to other cars not becasue they look cool.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Personally I think fog lights are great. During wet weather, they really light up the road markings as long as they are adjusted properly. Unless you have yellow lights they really don't do much in fog, they would probably be better if they were called auxiliary lights. I have had them on every car i have owned since i was 20. And yeah, they do look cool also. :D

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
i am thinking about getting these:

PIAA’s revolutionary patented design Tri-beam system represents the most advanced reflector technology available on the market today. One of the first truly “functional” multi beam lamps of its kind, the P3000 features a Plasma Ion Driving, Xtreme White Spot and a Plasma Ion Marker. Sensational style and performance!

as seen here:

http://www.piaa.com/Lamps/Lamp-pages/p-3000.html

thought they would look good and i could just cut a small piece of grill out to fit them in...

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Oooh,, nice yanges :)

I don't know about you, but to me seems like the stock headlights are woefully inadequate. The beam only goes so high and then just quits, as if a blinder is across the top of the light.

I bought fog lights. Still have to wire them into the electrical system, but the lower grill install went OK (well, was rather a pain taking half of the front of the car apart, but at least I didn't have any extra parts left upon reassembly.)

Speaking of wiring, anybody know of an ACCESSABLE spot to run wires through the firewall, on the left (driver's side) of the car? (I am not averse to drilling a new hole, but have no idea where :) )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts