21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
As they come w/ TPS . . .
Means would be a newer one (last few years).

It'll work.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
Ask the seller . . .

·
Registered
841 Posts
Interesting thing about these posts is a lot owners forget about the problems that can be created when getting rims that stand out a lot.The goemetery of the front end conponents i.e. wheel bearings,connecting rods,upper and lower ball joints,shocks, etc.These wheels can put alot of extra strain on these items and cause them to fail early.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
Very true.
It is best to stick between 35 offset (for wider rims) and 45 (w/ 6.5" wide rims). That should keep the center of the rim at or near stock location, preserving stock geometry.

(The geometry is only relevant in the front. The rear has a solid "i-beam" connecting them that is suspended straight down. A bit extra width makes no real difference back there.)

·
Registered
10 Posts
sorry this is completely out of the topic but i need help =)
my buddy gave me his 2004 mitsubishi evo rims (enkei's) with no tires,
and just like evil jack said, it has the same bolt patterns and it did fit.
my question is what size tires should i get to make sure it will fit good
and not rub? will the stock size tires for that enkei rims work?
thanks guys!

·
Registered
170 Posts
so 16x7 5x114.5 will work right?

·
Registered
170 Posts
+45 offset

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
Yes. It will be slightly tight on the inside w/ the wheels cranked all the way, but works fine. My Rotas were 6x7 w/ 45 offset and I used 225/50/16 rubber, so I know it fits.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks Man! i keep seeing all these wheels i like! i just found some real nice Konigs it says the size is 16X7 5-114.3 40MBU... my thing is, is 40mbu the offset? that means they will sit out more right?

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
40 is actually better than 45 offset on 7 inch rims. W/ 40 offset, the overall rim is still centered where it should be.
(The old ones cracked. Long story. Needless to say, I won't buy more)
My new rims are Tenzo R Meisters in 16x7 w/ 40 offset. I like the fir MUCH better than the 45 offset on 16x7 rims. No rubbing issues at ALL (same rubber as before-> 3rd rims these tires have been on . . . )

·
Registered
34 Posts
2009 xb
I am looking at some Enkei Racing RSF-2 rims and tires 17x7 offset 40 bolt pattern is 5/100 or 5/114 wheels and tires are 215/45/17

do you see any fitment issue with the rims and tires? i am planing on doing the TRD shocks and springs on the car will the 40mm offset cause any issues? thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im running 225 45 17 on 17x7 rims with a 42 offset I want to space the rear out a bit anyone know what size spacers I can run?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lug pattern size

Thanx for the list and offset info but I'm confused! Is the list for cars with a 5x114.3mm pattern? Just want to make sure I'm reading it correctly because I took my 08 xB to a wheel store and had my factory steel wheels measured and they are 5x100mm, 5x114 is 15mm to big. Am I right or did they lie to me???

Dan

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Thanx for the list and offset info but I'm confused! Is the list for cars with a 5x114.3mm pattern? Just want to make sure I'm reading it correctly because I took my 08 xB to a wheel store and had my factory steel wheels measured and they are 5x100mm, 5x114 is 15mm to big. Am I right or did they lie to me???

Dan
The wheel lug pattern for an xB2 is 5x114.3mm.

It is not 5x100mm, they are mistaken.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
2009 xb
I am looking at some Enkei Racing RSF-2 rims and tires 17x7 offset 40 bolt pattern is 5/100 or 5/114 wheels and tires are 215/45/17

do you see any fitment issue with the rims and tires? i am planing on doing the TRD shocks and springs on the car will the 40mm offset cause any issues? thanks.
Go to www.rimsntires.com and use their Fitment Guide. According to their site, the new wheel/tire combo will fit. The new tire is a little shorter than stock so it will introduce a 1% speed error.

·
Registered
783 Posts
the mustang should be added to this list.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts