Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any used a DIFFERENT Brand of oil filter, other than the OEM Toyota (Denso) for 2009 Scion xB? Did it fit perfectly?Thanks!

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
As the engine has been made by Toyota for a good while, with many improvement, it is in the computer system at auto parts stores.
Get the one they recommend for a well known brand.
Of I wasn't using Toyota's, I would recommend the Wix and the Purolator Pure One. Those are both very good (based on reviews and comparisons by reputable sources) and are what I use on my Miata. The Napa Gold is made by Wix and is good too. I would be sure to get one of that level, anyways.

As for Fram, they used to be excellent and were OEM on Porsche 356s and older 911s, as well as other German cars. In the last decade or 2, their quality is not what it used to be and I've heard many bad reviews. I'm not sure if that is the whole line, or just some of their products/lines. I would not use one now, as there are better products out there that I know are excellent.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, guys! I been using SuperTech Oil Filter for the last two years. Had no problems with it, and pretty good price too. Made by Champion Labs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.