Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im new to this site as a registered user. I also spend time on clubXB. One thing I have noticed is that these sites aren't really as popular as other car sites like NASIOC. Why? Is there another more popular dedicated XB site out there that Im missing?

Thanks.

· Registered
448 Posts
A few reasons:

* The xB2 is one generation of one vehicle (NASIOC covers multiple vehicles across multiple generations)
* The xB2 is not an "enthusiasts" vehicle by any means. It's not a performance vehicle, and it lacks uniqueness of the xB1 that drew in a big following.
* The xB2 is an aged platform. It hasn't changed significantly in several years, and there are not likely to be any dramatic updates until the xB3 hits (if it even does).

Personally, I've found it useful to look to similar platforms. For example:

* When looking into turbo builds, I read up on the 1st generation TC forums
* For fuel injectors, I found myself deep in the Lotus Exige community (same engine)
* The Camry (XV40; 2006-2011) community is useful for many mechanical concerns, as the 4 cylinder variant shares the same drivetrain.

That being said, the three most active xB2 forums that I know of are here, clubxb, and scionlife. Scikotics seems to have died out for the most part, and there are a few smaller xB forums that are pretty much dead. New things are still happening, and progress is being made, but we're riding the tail end of the xB wave.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.