Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done the overhead console install. How's the difficulty? Step by step instructions? Any cutting?

· Registered
741 Posts
You can find threads about this thru search. I have done it myself and there is cutting of the headliner involved. The console comes with very good instructions and templates. Just follow along and do not rush and you should be fine. Took about 35-40 minutes.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Cutting of headliner: Yes.
GREAT templates: YES!

Very easy install, just take your time and mark/cut EXACTLY as instructed and all works great.

· Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cutting the headliner? Nooooooooooooo....Not ready for that yet. I'm starting with installing the fog light kit next week which does involve cutting the lower grille. Hope it goes well. Thanks guys. I did find a thread with detailed instructions.

· Registered
2008 xB
568 Posts
ai17828 said:
Cutting the headliner? Nooooooooooooo....Not ready for that yet. I'm starting with installing the fog light kit next week which does involve cutting the lower grille. Hope it goes well. Thanks guys. I did find a thread with detailed instructions.
I've done both and found the overhead console a much easier DIY project. The templates for cutting the grille to install the foglights were useless. Fortunately, there are marks on the grille for the curved cut around the lights and the rib at the top of the grille doesn't show. The bottom rib, however, needs to be carefully cut. I nibbled it out a little at a time to make sure it was the right length and centered so the gap was the same at either end. On the plus side, removing and replacing the front facia is a breeze.

· Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Geezer.

What year is you xb? I haven't looked at the grill that closely to see the marks but I will as soon as I receive my fog light kit this week.

· Registered
2008 xB
568 Posts
ai17828 said:
Geezer.

What year is you xb? I haven't looked at the grill that closely to see the marks but I will as soon as I receive my fog light kit this week.
2008. You really need to pull out the grill out to see the marks. I think they're on the bottom of each rib and they're fairly faint.

· Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome. Any more tips on installing the fog lights? I don't want to screw it up....I saved the popsicle sticks to use as prying tools.

· Registered
2008 xB
568 Posts

· Registered
741 Posts
Go to TRD Sparks.com for a download of the install instructions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.