Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
979 Posts
Will the overhead console made for a 2011 xb fit a 2013.If not what are the differences
I'm sure it would be the same. There should be no changes to the roofline or headliner from 08-13.

You may want to call TRD Sparks to be absolutely certain though.

· Registered
1,033 Posts
Silver.Dealer service dept says it won't fit a 13.Just wondering if anyone's tried it.
I can't imagine why it won't fit. The external roofline for 2008-2013 is exactly the same. Unless they changed the internal roof trusses or you have a sunroof, the overhead console should fit.

· Registered
1,033 Posts
No sun roof.I will compare my headliner with a older model.Did the 11 and 12 models offer console.
Yup. My 2011 xB has an overhead console that was once mounted in a 2008-2010 xB. We swapped headliners and I got the overhead console that was in the 2008-2010 as part of the trade (former owner of the overhead console is very tall so he wanted to get rid of it). The cut headliner and overhead console from the 2008-2010 installed into my 2011 no problem. Also my uncut headliner went into his car, no problem.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
So what your saying is an 11,12 and 13 has the same headliner.I just looked at a picture of one with the console.Mine has a bulge that tapers as it gose rear ward.The overhead light isn't next to the mirror either its set back about 12 inches from the mirror.For it to fit you would have to cut kit the bulge.You someone post a picture of an 11 headliner without console.I'm just curious.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
It's the same 08-13 (and until there is a mark III xB).

· Registered
1,033 Posts
So what your saying is an 11,12 and 13 has the same headliner. I just looked at a picture of one with the console. Mine has a bulge that tapers as it goes rearward.The overhead light isn't next to the mirror either its set back about 12 inches from the mirror. For it to fit you would have to cut the bulge. Can you / someone post a picture of an 11 headliner without console. I'm just curious.
Looking at https://sites.google.com/site/brickpigs2011xb/home/5-windshield-sunstrip (4th picture down) my 2011 original headliner appears to have the same bulge with the overhead map lights set back some distance from the windshield. (Rear view mirror is removed in that picture.) Also look at https://sites.google.com/site/brickpigs2011xb/home/11---hooks-and-oh-console for before and after pictures. My original uncut headliner is being removed from my 2011, and later the cut headliner from the older xB is being installed into my 2011. (You can click on any picture on my website to expand it). I did this exchange with a guy who worked at Toyota, at the time he said the part number for our headliners (2011 versus pre-2011) is the same.

You -do- have to cut the headliner in order to install the OH console, and the map lights are relocated from the roof into the OH console. The cut is into the bulge but does not remove it, the OH console sits around the bulge. (Look at the footprint line in the picture.) There is an additional rectangular cut made in the headliner to support the rear of the OH console. Some plastic nuts are inserted into the metal roof support, and two sheet metal screws pass thru the OH console and thread into those plastic nuts. There are also two sheet metal screws at the front of the OH console, that secure to the roof in a similar manner.

I still don't understand why they say the OH console won't fit a 2013, unless there is difference underneath in the roof structure that we don't see and are not aware of.

· Registered
979 Posts
I wonder if the service tech just looked in the computer and drew a blank because no one has typed in the part numbers yet. If you do a search at TRD Sparks for 2013 xB parts nothing comes up and it just says to call them.

It seems like it was/is the same for the 2011-12's. There are many 08-10 parts that will fit, but at the beginning everyone was asking which parts fit and which don't. It just seemed like the databases hadn't been updated yet.

· Registered
185 Posts
so you actually have to remove the headliner to install the over head console? I kind of would like one but doesn't seem worth the hassle of removing the whole head liner

· Registered
68 Posts
I wanted one of these as well but I can't justify spending that much for what you get. But I will probably pull the trigger anyway. Thanks for the write up Brick.

· Registered
1,033 Posts
I wanted one of these as well but I can't justify spending that much for what you get.
I agree that the utility and functionality of the OH console leaves a bit to be desired. As a styling element however it's pretty cool.

I was lucky to get it for free because the person I swapped with didn't like it and wanted my uncut headliner (he is very tall and kept knocking his head against the OH console).

· Registered
845 Posts
I agree that the utility and functionality of the OH console leaves a bit to be desired. As a styling element however it's pretty cool.

I was lucky to get it for free because the person I swapped with didn't like it and wanted my uncut headliner (he is very tall and kept knocking his head against the OH console).

What can you put in it?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.