Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
I want that, I can do some serious stuff to customize it. I'm going to have to look it up.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Man with the look of the rest of the car that looks pretty plain. I'd like to see what it would take to find maybe an aftermarket one that is more sleek.

Cramz

·
Registered
70 Posts
Eric said:
Has anyone gotten the overhead storage option? Is it useful?

Here are some pics I found... I'm curious if there are better ones out there, perhaps from a wider angle...

Heres the one I installed on mine

hope that helps

·
Registered
70 Posts
No, you actually have to cut your headliner :eek: One small hole and one rather sizable one. the back end is screwed to the roof brace (no drilling required, the holes are already there) and you mount a separate brace in the front (also no drilling). The hardest part was getting up the nerve to cut up the headliner.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Eric said:
I assume it was pretty easy, but would you mind posting a quick write up in the DIY section?
Not really too much to post, I followed the instructions to the letter, well, aside from using a marker to mark the cut lines, I used a soft lead pencil just incase I slipped. Pencil comes off...sharpie on the other hand... :yucky:

·
Registered
476 Posts
How do the map lights come off? Step by step instructions/pictures would be helpful. Would like to do the overhead storage, but would like some informations before buying the overhead unit.

thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
I can't find mine or I'd just pdf them. But they are quite straight forward. The cutting is even done in stages so that you can relocate wiring in the headliner. That and the price from trdsparks is really good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Eric said:
I checked trdsparks for instructions, but it just says that they're included. They have a lot of PDFs for installations of other parts, but not this one... It sounds pretty straight forward though. The $168 price tag is the only thing keeping me from doing it right now.
Sparks is the best for their pdf help, I am sure that the $168 will come down soon enough after they stop selling like hotcakes, or if an aftermarket one comes out. Do you know if they hold cd's?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I found one for $170 online. Install is easy and it looks great. Very Useful and adds a little more character to the interior. :yes:

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
that looks pretty good lvbitwiz!

i take it the screen is an add on?

i had an overhead storage in my Solara for glasses and never used it - but i think i need one for my xB as the storage is kinda limited...

1 - 20 of 60 Posts