Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got rear-ended last Friday night on the freeway by a 2014 Accord with only 37 miles on it. He hit me so hard, he popped his airbag. Luckily I was in the fast lane so I was able to avoid hitting the truck in front of me by swerving into the emergency lane.

Got the damage estimate today, almost $8400 and 16 days of work.

How depressing...:cry:

· Premium Member
709 Posts
Thats insane! Hope everyones ok, and hope your vehicle is back on the road soon!

Kinda funny thinking about that other guys life tho.. what an idiot.
"Woohoo new car, just drove off the lot 30 seconds ago! *smash"
Dummy

· Registered
46 Posts
DUDE!!!! That is terrible!!!
1) Go get checked out!
2) Talk to a personal injury attorney usualy there is no charge if they handle your case should the need arise.-you never know what may surface later.
3) Stay on the insurance co. dont cut them any slack.

And remember amigo..."Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic Scion. PigBrick Austin will be that Scion. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster." ok...I changed it fromteh 6mil $ man a little, I hope it made you smile.
Keep us posted.
Madtat.

· Registered
601 Posts
Dam that sucks! Sorry that happened to your baby and I hope everybody's ok.

I'm guessing the hit was even worse than what the damage looks like as well since the bumper probably took the brunt of it and popped back out, though it went into you hard enough to really plow through that to the hatch.

I agree with Madtat.
A lot of times rear-ending related pain doesn't show up until weeks later but from what I've heard people can still get that accounted for through a settlement or something even if you're not complaining of pain from the very beginning (like some other stuff) - just in case that happens to you.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
That's ROUGH!!!

· Registered
314 Posts

· Registered
335 Posts
I'm so paranoid about that. Having already broken 2 vertebrae in a car accident, getting rear ended and the whiplash and all that, I would be in ridiculous amounts of pain. Glad you're ok. And now you have a "clean" slate for more mods. Maybe a motion activated hatch door?

· Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks to everyone for their messages and concerns! It helps a bit. I did get a rental car as part of my insurance.

Yeah I seem to be OK, the hit was pretty square on the back.

I'm surprised insurance didn't tell you it's a total loss.
The insurance adjuster said $8400 was 65% of value. At 95% it's declared a Total Loss.

To TartanJack and "Just daydreaming" => made me smile! But I still need my back seat...so no conversion to pickup truck just yet...

· Registered
161 Posts
Thanks to everyone for their messages and concerns! It helps a bit. I did get a rental car as part of my insurance.

Yeah I seem to be OK, the hit was pretty square on the back.

The insurance adjuster said $8400 was 65% of value. At 95% it's declared a Total Loss.

To TartanJack and "Just daydreaming" => made me smile! But I still need my back seat...so no conversion to pickup truck just yet...
I was under the impression that if your vehicle was over 60% that it was a total loss. Weird.
Hope they can fix it right for you. I would be very worried about it not ever being the same. I dont think I could keep it.

Edit: Also im assuming frame wasnt damaged? I also heard that will total out the vehicle.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.