Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the Spec D led vent (bumper) lights? I've read of several people using the Ozniums and having them burn out repeatedly. They seem to be easily replaced under warranty, but that could be a pain to keep sending them back and swapping the lights out. I haven't read much on the Spec D lights.

One advantage to the Spec D's is they are $79 and come with an "oem style" switch. The Oznium's are $200 and don't have a switch.

I really like the look of the vent lights but if they are going to be a lot of trouble, maybe I'll wait for a redesign to fix the burn out issues.

·
Registered
195 Posts
My vent lights have failed twice.
But I paid the extra $$$ for Oznium's product because their warranty policy is SOLID.
The price has gone up a lot since I bought mine though. At the current $199 I would definitely look at other products.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not to go too off topic, but I ordered Oznium 3rd brake light today. I was surprized at the price difference buying the same product from the same company but from eBay instead of their own website $20 cheaper + eBay gave me an extra 10% off. Even with the higher shipping on eBay I saved quite a bit of money.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I have had a bunch of problems with the Ozium Vent Lights and I am getting a little frustrated having them burn out all the time, but I like to looks of them over the others. The Ozium lights fit recessed like the OEM covers and look more like they belong there. All the others vent lights just 3M tape to the OEM covers, so they stick out some. I'm hoping that the price increase means they are manufacturing them different so they last longer, we can only hope!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From xbinr's post on scikotics it seems as though the issue may be resolved. I hope so.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Zinger is referring to this post I had on Scikotics

"I just got a call from Oznium yesterday and my replacement Vent Lights have been shipped. I asked if they addressed the failure problem with the new lights and I was told that it was a resistance issue and that he thought it has been repaired."

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the clarification.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.