Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I know pics help but I don't have them for right now but here goes.

************* this is how I installed MY lights it's simple and practicle for Me**********************
now that we're done with the 'disclaimer' here goes...

1- remove front bumper
2- pop out vent 'plugs'
3- remove lower plastic cover (the one that holds the tpms reset button) careful not to break the vsc off button.
4- remove lower half of the steering column cover pull don't yank
5- (making sure car is off!) strip part of the big light grey wire (it leads to the ignition(key-hole)) :yes:
6- cut some wire from the led's you need long enough to get from the steering column to the empty spaces next to the vsc off switch and from there to just over the brake pedal.
7- over and behind the brake pedal you will find a 2 wire junctions a light green and a dark green, you want the dark green.
8- seperate the green wires find the one that leads to the fuse *the fuse is position 15 I believe in the fuse box under the drivers side dash.*2 I used a multi-meter to test for continuity.
9- now the three other wires are the ones I used 2 go to the leds and the other goes to the indicator light in the cluser.(always go to know the lights are on)
10- now all that needs to be done from this point is you need to grab a wire splice it to the light grey wire(step5) send it to the empty space you want to add an on/off switch and from the switch to the three dark green wires(step9).

...............and there you go drls that you can turn on and off how you please.
I plan on getting halos and just splicing the halos to these leds so the halos become drls as well.

Oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh almost forgot step 10 put everything back in place and have some drinks!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Awesome directions. but does anyone know what would be the best way to mount these vent led lights on that DON'T have the clips on the lenses??
I didn't get the oznium brand, but the k2 motor brand instead... (cheaper!!). Regardless, I don't want to rely on only 3M tape holding these down.. any suggestions??

·
Registered
658 Posts
Has anyone tried the Ozmiums on a 2012? It says they don't fit, but I can't see why.
The vents are completely different shapes. The 2008-2010 are a straight line for the most part, the 2011+ are curved and molded. Won't fit.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Your project sounds great,but to add a suggestion and help speed the installation,the front cover doesn't have to be taken off.If you just take off two bolts on the wheel well and gently pull out the liner at the forward part of the wheel well,the area is exposed so that a hand can reach in,pry the clips,and push the blanks out. When putting the vent lites in, use a small amount of liquid soap to lube the new housings to aid in installation. Afterwards, replace all the hardware and wire them up as stated. This will cut the time down.

·
Registered
27 Posts
any suggestions on how to wire the vent lights to ozniums strobe switch that is sugested on the page, im open to using the fog light connections but i don't want to rip the dash apart when i can use the existing headlight and or fog light wiring

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.