Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Wow I was just thinking about doing that today! What type of paint did you use and can we see a close up of how it turned out? Looks good though!

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Much improved.
Now, I'm thinking of painting mine gray, so they blend it with roof (as I don't use them).

-If my wife didn't use them when she drove Highland Revenge, I'd just yank em and toss em in the parts storage box. I might do it anyways. After a decade driving a Miata with the top always down (unless slow speeds and heavy rain or parked, I am completely out of the habit and just use the bill of a hat instead. The Miata ones have been gone for most of that decade.

How easy are they to remove?
Is it just a "pull straight down" or is there a screw and/or clip involved?

·
Registered
235 Posts
You have to pull the covers off and then they will pull right off. However if you take these completely off there will be some pretty good size holes left in the headliner. And the headliner relies on those clips to hold it in place. Stuff to think about before scrapping them.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Looks good! So it's still fairly flexible? I'd be afraid of it being somewhat brittle, but the Fusion is made specifically for plastics. Should hold up!

Another option would be SEM's vinyl dye. I've been planning on hitting all of my stuff with that product when the headliner comes out for covering.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Last might I decided I would paint mine.
Now . . .
To get the the things out.

Well, I need to decide on a color first.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the paint adhered well, ive had no problems with the visors yet? 1 thing though , they take 4 ever to dry so be very PATIENT with them 2-3 days time and they will show fingerprints if touched to early

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.