Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone painted thier steelie?

I have a set of rims with cheap tires :( and don't wanna run them once it starts raining. I saw TartanJack running on steelies and honestly it looks clean and way better than hubcaps...

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Geezer has painted a set red, while Box Mafia's wheels are Stingray. I am thinking there are more, but can't remember who.

Mine aren't painted . . . yet.
The factory black is turning gray fairly quick. The finish doesn't seem to have been intended for a long run. So, I am thinking of painting them either:
- Silver
- Red
- Blue
- Black, but with better paint

When I get new rubber shortly, I'll ask to get the weights somewhere besides the face. That way, I can paint the lip a trim color.

Of course, there is the option of alloys, but the budget doesn't allow it.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! I'm glad you guys like em. Took me a week to do all four but it was worth it.

About the moon hubcaps, I would get em to complete the wheels but I'm not sure it would be clean on my htm. But if i had a silver or black box I'd be on that.

These are just my "rain boots" anyways I don't run em all year...

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
That is kinda similar to one path I was already planning.
I like it!

Now, I HAVE to do something else . . .
(At least I have more confidence in a good result. THANKS!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if your gonna do something similar or the same just go for it :D i live on the other side of the country from you anyways. i was thinking of a htm trim but who knows where that spray paint is.

by the way, i didnt primer but i suggest you do that cause i dont think my paint is going to last too long. i did put 4 coats of clear...

good luck on your steelies!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Damn, that turned-out pretty darn good! :)

·
Registered
2008 xB
568 Posts
Just for the record, here's what the fat baby moons looked like on my red wheels. They're a little too big...not quite the look I wanted. I still haven't gotten around to adapting the smaller golf cart moons yet and summer is almost over.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Geezer said:
Just for the record, here's what the fat baby moons looked like on my red wheels. They're a little too big...not quite the look I wanted. I still haven't gotten around to adapting the smaller golf cart moons yet and summer is almost over.

Man you need to get working on the other ones! It would be a hit for us guys running steelies

·
Registered
783 Posts
i'm not a big fan of the all red steelies, i liked the red trim, but the all red is a little too much for me.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I like the steelies look sometimes, but I don't want it to look like someone stole my hubcaps if I don't do anything to them like that red trim that crz_jsph did (which looks great, btw). Haha. But hey, I guess taking off the hubcaps is an easy enough change that I could go back and forth every now and then. ;) At the moment, however, I can afford alloy wheels... :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.