Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
can any one give advice or posted picks on how to pain the interior plastics of an xb?
There are some silver parts that i would like to paint black.
just wondering what kind of paint needed and clear coat etc?
anyone had some experience with it. please let me know.

· Registered
104 Posts
what is Paining? is that like Caning or Torture or something? if so why would you do that to your poor car?

· Premium Member
284 Posts
i plasti-dipped the headunit plastic bezel, it came out great, i highly recommend plasti-dip, all you need to do is clean the surface and spray a sufficient amount of coats, and plasti-dip comes in a decent variety of colors, plus i like the matte finish.

Oh and i almost fogot, if you don't like it peel it off!

· Registered
335 Posts
It's called plastidip. Go to dipyourcar.com Great stuff. Used it outside mine for a few parts. Gonna do my interior soon too :)

· Premium Member
284 Posts
i bought the plasti-dip via ebay from an aussie dealer, they wont ship direct from the US for obvious reasons ( chemicals / flammable liquids etc ) i wouldnt mind spraying some more bits and pieces inside my car too if i knew how to take them off like the round bezel things around the ac vents

· Registered
335 Posts
Pull the full plate around your radio straight towards you. (Be firm it will happen) then the 2 silver vents unscrew from that one. The far left one is part of the plate that goes around you gauges. Pull it off, then same deal. I still haven't figure out how to get the rest of the dash off to get to the far right one. I might just lay plastic sheeting down inside my car and mask and spray. The plastidip peels off so you can get overspray on your dash and still be good to go. I only have that and my steering wheel accents left. It looks good with the matte black and my uv lighting

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.