Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys I found a painter who will trade me my unused junk (Ipod, ps3, Hd TV ect.) for a paint job. The issue is..I dont know what to do lol.

Can you guys just start throwing things at me?

Id like to keep it from being to much of an attention getter because its my DD and I dont want stupid ppl trying to race me or cops following me or haters messing with the car, but Id also like it to look nice enough to win shows with.

The only thing Im not open to is painting the whole car a new color, I love my NBM.

Ideas? Comments?

· Registered
180 Posts
I live silver accents on the NBM. So how about:

- A racing strip on the hood and roof

- Painting the hood and roof silver

- Some type of silver accent graphic on the side like a stylized xB on the C pillar

· Registered
2,209 Posts
I was thinking two tone. Like said above paint the hood and roof, maybe even the c-pillars silver. If your not sure how it would look have someone photoshop it for you. Try different designs till you see what you like. Try different colors as well if your not feeling silver. However if your gonna do silver get him to use the Scion factory silver or even the stingray metallic. That one is a blueish silver would probably look awsome without being a major attention getter.

Maybe you could even do like what was popular on ford trucks back in the early 90's Have the bottom half of your xB the factory color and have it fade up into a different color. That would be pretty cool as you don't see paint jobs like that much any more. You could even do it different and have it be factory color from the back and have it fade to silver towards the front. Man I wish I had photoshop skills so I could show you what I mean.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would love to do that but Im not sure how extensive this guy is going to go. Anyone want to show me a pic in PS though? I love two tone cars!

· Registered
613 Posts
i got two words for ya...FLAT BLACK
the best paint color in the world!

· Premium Member
811 Posts
I went with vinyl...just in case. I use a liquid wax, so hopefully the paint around the vinyl will not fade. With vinyl, you can change your mind, change your design, change your color. Go to www.syntheticdesigns.com and look around. They have done a lot on Scions. The owner's wife's xB is covered with designs for advertising.

· Registered
180 Posts
Hellen4Wheels said:
I went with vinyl...just in case. I use a liquid wax, so hopefully the paint around the vinyl will not fade. With vinyl, you can change your mind, change your design, change your color. Go to www.syntheticdesigns.com and look around. They have done a lot on Scions. The owner's wife's xB is covered with designs for advertising.
Advertising. Around here every other box is just a rolling billboard. :rolleyes:

· Registered
613 Posts
Hellen4Wheels said:
You can do all that in vinyl, too. I suggest it because it's not forever like paint. No biggie.
yeah FLAT BLACK vinyl! ;)

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Use vinyl and make light blue (carolina blue-ish) and orange tiki figures in the NBM, lt. blue, and orange.

Make a HUGE Tiki god on the roof!
-Made up of many small pieces of vinyl with the entire roof as a plank of blue wood.

(Envision: Dark blue wood with light blue "carved" section and orange highlights.)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah I love that one. One issue...my pos shaddy a$$ paint guy backed out on me. He said his company wasnt doing well and didnt want to trade but now wants cash..and allot of it. grrrrrrrrrr

Check out my shift knob thread though!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.