Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Dealership thru in some alloy wheel for me when I bought my scion. I am thinking about painting them black has anyone done this mod themselves or would it better to go have them powder coated.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Very nice of the dealer to throw in the alloy wheels. Personally, I would get the powder coat. Much more durable than just paint.

·
Registered
214 Posts
or if your a DIY guy, take some time prepping them up for paint and they could look like these:

took a friend of mine and myself about 3 weeks of stripping, sanding, sanding, and more sanding, primer, primer, and more primer, and paint, then clear coat the heck out of it! GOOD LUCK if you're going to DIY. otherwise, send them out to be powder coated.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the insight, I am dropping it with the JRD springs as well this week, and I was hoping to get the stock wheel powder coated but the powder coating shop wanted 160.00 a wheel. So i am thinking about getting some nice 17 or something when these tire wear out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.