Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Wecome to the site and congratulations on getting an xB.

I went to www.scion.com first and built my own, so I could see what the different options looked like on the car.

There are numerous Scion enthusiasts sites where you can see what others have done. I started at www.cardomain.com and looked at 2009 xB's. I have gotten DIY information and other ideas particulary on newscionxb, www.clubxb.com, and with my car club, www.scikotics.com. With the car club, I have gotten help with installing various mods.

Please use the search feature on these sites for specific information.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Also . . .
SparksTRD and Carson (ScionParts) SELL Toyota/TRD additions and are site sponsors. Their prices were MUCH cheaper than that offered by the dealer from whom I purchased my box. In fact, I got the overhead console, c-pillar cubbies, and cargo net (and use all three HEAVILY) for around what the console was listed non-installed.

As for what you want installed when purchased, it all depends on you mechanical aptitude and tools. If you can DYI, I'd DYI. Otherwise have someone who knows what they are doing install it for you.
Ex. I would have an SAE-certainified mechanic (or Sparks itself-> several hours away from me) install the Supercharger, but have no issues with shocks, springs, sways, "bolt-on" powertrain stuff, and interior stuff (including seat and panel recovering/covering).

I have numerous dealer-installable options, but GOT my box with ONLY floor mats. I also have Hotchkis sways and plan "aftermarket" rims and other stuff. Ultimately, I will make numerous custom parts and have them on/in it, just like I have done on my little scooter 60s Lotus clone Miata (more "JDM" than many US JDM fans and it even has a JAPANESE clone, based directly on a parts-list from me).

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would say go to sparks website and lookup the parts you would like to have on yours. Then download the instruction book ( its an option to the right of the parts picture as I recall) and see how complicated it is. The overhead console is less than $200. in a box and you tape a cardboard template to the roof then use a razor knife to cut a couple of holes. Then you pop a plastic nut in the hole thats in the crossbar in the roof and hold the console up while tightening the screws. It takes 20 min to get the nerve to cut the roof and then 15 to put it in. Well, maybee more or less depenging on your nerves. The point is you just saved $100 in parts and $200 in labor from what some places sell the unit installed for. PS> when you cut the hole you actually have a fudge factor since the console overlaps the edges and they dont have to be perfect. The same lights that are on the ceiling pop out and then get poped back in to the new console. Of course changing the springs is a little more dificult. Buy a pizza and call some friends over..save the beer for after its done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.