Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
I just plasti-dipped the front of my silver 2012 xb. But I also did the lower portion as well under the bottom grill. I have some pics posted on a thread titled... New mods few pics. Check it out! And plasti dip is great! It goes on easy. Just make sure u watch some videos on how to tape off with plasti dip. The dip sticks to tape so you have to peel it off instantly with the dip still wet. If you wait til it dries the tape will pull the dip off too!

·
Registered
185 Posts
If you're interested in developing some kind of stencil etc for plastidip eyelids, I'm definitely on board. I'd be willing to pay shipping costs etc if we find something that works and couldn't easily replicate it. I thought about dipping over the orange turn indicators on the sides of the headlights especially.
I don't think you would need a stencil. Just tape it off, spray, take tape off. I did my front bumper really easily. So doing a small section like that will be a breeze. Plasti dip is really easy to work with. And its removable! So if it gets places it shouldn't or you don't like it, just peel it off! Bug and tar remover will easily remove any over spray too! I was nervous at first to just spray away on my 2012 as its the newest car I've ever owned but PD is great stuff. I've also done my rear emblem and I just ordered teal plasti dip and im going to do my 18s with it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
5zero4 nailed it. Just 2! I used 1 can on my bumper over lay. So 2 would be plenty

·
Registered
185 Posts
Since it sounds like you have some experience with Plasti, in your opinion how many aero cans would I need to do a front bumper overlay, eyelids, and mirrors on an '11 xB? The plan is to also go over it with glossifier. Gallons are out of the question, California law.
just make sure if you are taping stuff off just watch some plasti dip videos on YouTube on how to remove the tape. You have to remove the tape while the plasti dip is wet or the dip will stick to the tape and it'll pull up with the tape. That's the only hard part.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.