Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah, I had a hard time deciding where to put the framing on this.
Still doesn't look right in front of the front door, and I'm not satisfied with the portion over the top of the doors.
The whole thing would be printed vinyl I guess, so it would likely get wrecked if it wrapped under at the side skirts.
Personally, I think modern woodys are hideous but it was fun to photoshop it.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
I've played w/ the idea of a woody xB, but haven't done it. That image looks pretty good, but there are some body shape lines one needs to be careful around. So far, I haven't gotten it to where I'd want it.

I am currently running "bars" in black vinyl, shaped like a Morris Minor Traveller (not on front door at all). The C-Pillar issue is that there are several facets that aren't parallel, but angled to work the body lines. That is where the "Woody" look can be made or broken on our vehicles.
When I get new batteries for my camera, I'll post up some shots of what I have now.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Reviving this a bit. Because there is a woodied out XB in at the Toyota Carlsbad Body Shop, it actually looks nice, most of the wood is on the doors only. It has been a few months since I have been by there so I only vaguely remember the parts that were covered.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.