Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
pics of my "new" 2014 scion tc rims on my rs 7

Picked up these rims of craigslist. Wrapped them with falcon g4 a/s 225/40/r18. They are 18x7.5 rims off the 2014 scion tc. Was going to plastidip them but decided against it because I really liked the offset and pop that the metallic grey gave it. Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

· Registered
151 Posts
Looks solid!

· Registered
206 Posts
Awesome

· Registered
24 Posts
I love both versions of the TC2 wheels. Looking to score some after the daughter's wedding is paid for.

· Registered
19 Posts
That combo looks awesome and super clean ........

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for all the kind words. Lovin the rims so far. Only downside is I noticed a slight mpg decrease but oh well. Great ride quality though. One of the main reasons I wanted a set of factory toyota rims. And you could see and feel how well made they were when I had them off before I mounted them. A few more pics after a bath :)

Attachments

· Registered
41 Posts
Lovin the rims so far. Only downside is I noticed a slight mpg decrease but oh well.
Were the tire diameters different than previous tires? Could that account for the mileage decrease?

Or new wheels make you keep your foot on gas a bit longer?

I am not very good with gas mileage in town, I like to use a few more rpm before shifting, than necessary.

Your photos are good, and the gray wheels look good in the wheel wells.

JR

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the decrease in gas mileage is due to the extra weight of the rim. I noticed these were a bit heavier than the stock steelies. It is also due to the fact that now I'm running a 225 wide tire vs a 205 so there is more contact patch and hence more road resistance.

· Registered
16 Posts
Yeah, these car are pretty much gas guzzlers...but I love them! And i will take the MPG decrease with the larger wheels/tires, as the 2nd gen xB looks terrible with anything smaller than 18s on it....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.