• ?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys

newbie here, anyways need help i am debating if i should get the pioneer avic-700bt
(which i hear alot of bad reviews) or the OEM spoiler for my XB. Someone is selling
me the avic-700bt for 350 used. And the OEM spoiler (i called the dealer) said it
will cost me around 400 installed. So now i really dont know which one to get! i need
some advices. thank you ???

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have the 700bt, I dont know why it gets bad reviews. I love it. The GPS is a little funky from time to time, but is always accurate. I am really glad I have it.

I really would like a spoiler tho... Its a toss up. Which is more important to you? Looks or function? I got the 700bt for 3 reasons, Ipod, BT and GPS. To me those are more important than a spoiler. I will be doing the spoiler eventually tho.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Iphone should work no problem. You can check on pioneers website they have a compatibility thing for it.

metra parts needed for install:

kit: 95- 8202
harness: 70-1761
you will also want to get either crimp caps or butt connectors for connecting the wires

instructions on how to bypass ebrake on avic411.com

very easy to install, pop off the surrounding bezel of the radio, pop off the small panel directely below it. 4 10mm bolts. pull the radio out, unplug harnesses.

i had mine done in about 15 min including wiring the harness (but im an installer so you wil probably take longer). i popped off the panel around the gauge cluster and put the gps antenna to the left of the gauges wedged between the vent tubing and the dash. Mounted the bt mic to the lower left of the radio. Here is a pic of it installed.

any other questions just let me know

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow thanks so much for the help!
yours looks really good bro i hope mine will end up looking like that!! :D

hey check this out bro, i saw another one its an avic-f90bt the guy will give it to me for 400
50 more dollars than the avic-f700. what cha think?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well anyways, now the guy is telling me its avic-f900bt not the avic-f90bt (what's the difference?)
also what is the difference between avic-f900 to avic-f700? not to excited about the dvd on the f900. should i just stick with the f700? 50 bucks less..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.