Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tints. I usually park in a garage at work.
Heater? lol I'm in South Florida, I think I may use my heater in my car a handful of times a year if I travel to Orlando in the winter.
It's a mobile unit, so I can take it off the cradle whenever I want. I thought about it for a while. I knew I wanted the D3, I have my Inno and didn't want to buy the XM module, so I needed a solution that looked clean and I kept my functionality. I think I succeeded. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Re: Pioneer AVIC-D3 (Navigation HU) and Pioneer Inno (XM radio, portable) instal

Sweet customization! Is it plugged in to your aux input?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some of it, not all. I found a local guy on AVIC411.com that's opening his own shop, good guy, does good work. I had done the bypass and knew where I wanted stuff, helped him install and take stuff apart and had all the ideas laid out. He was laughing at me with my diagrams and schematics, part numbers, etc. I printed out the Scion NAV install so we knew how to take the dash apart quickly and where to place the NAV and XM antennae. In the end though he admitted it was all useful and it sped everything up. :p
Research rules.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
nice!!

i got the same D3!! no xm for me tho.

i just plug in my PSP to the AV-1.

got a speacial holder that is bolted to the seat.

i like it.
check it out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Enjoy your D3, they are great little units aren't they?

I can see it now: "No officer, I was not playing while in traffic" lol
I've considered getting a PSP, they look sleek as hell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Re: Pioneer AVIC-D3 (Navigation HU) and Pioneer Inno (XM radio, portable) instal

AnimalBoy said:
nice!!

i got the same D3!! no xm for me tho.

i just plug in my PSP to the AV-1.

got a speacial holder that is bolted to the seat.

i like it.
check it out.

Sweet! I bought a similar dock for my iPhone. No Pioneer D3 though. Ill take pix of my iPhone dock soon. It connects to the provided iPod connection cable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
just a quick question... can you still use the AUX and iPOD input with this unit? or does those inputs become useless?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
Re: Pioneer AVIC-D3 (Navigation HU) and Pioneer Inno (XM radio, portable) instal

I'm looking at getting this one:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10084898&catid=20136#
anyone heard anything about it at all? I like the full touch screen with all sorts of functionality including 3 pre-outs and mosfet for the other 4 speakers... considering I want to replace the speakers as well I don't think getting rid of the Scion Sound Processing should be a huge issue...

any opinions?

PS: I really like the pioneer one too, I just saw this one though and the touch screen sounds fun! haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RS5939 said:
just a quick question... can you still use the AUX and iPOD input with this unit? or does those inputs become useless?
Those inputs are gone when you replace the HU. The D3 has its own inputs you can work with to accomplish the same things, that's being illustrated with the Inno in my case.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Pioneer AVIC-D3 (Navigation HU) and Pioneer Inno (XM radio, portable) instal

Rhombus said:
I'm looking at getting this one:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10084898&catid=20136#
anyone heard anything about it at all? I like the full touch screen with all sorts of functionality including 3 pre-outs and mosfet for the other 4 speakers... considering I want to replace the speakers as well I don't think getting rid of the Scion Sound Processing should be a huge issue...

any opinions?

PS: I really like the pioneer one too, I just saw this one though and the touch screen sounds fun! haha
Haven't heard much on the Kenwood's, I've always been a bit of a Pioneer fan. The D3 is also touch screen and has NAV as well, I don't believe that Kenwood does.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Looks really good...

Question: What accessories did you use to mount the D3 in your xB? I notice you have inserts or covers to the left & right of the radio that filled in the gap within the trim. Did you use a particular mounting kit?

Thanks
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top