Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've used it on the plastic rings around my gauge faces and on the little circle things for the needles and I've used it on my gas door. I love it I think it's awesome and will be using it on other stuff. Check out youtube for some videos of people using it for stripes on there hood. Bumpers, rims, whole car!!!

·
Registered
978 Posts
For those of you who have used plasti-dip do you prefer the brush-on or spray? I'm guessing the spray would apply thinner coats. Does the brush-on run and/or leave brush-marks?

·
Registered
335 Posts
spray. its super easy to use. and if you mess up or dont like it, take it off and try again :)

·
Registered
335 Posts
ive done my emblems, hub caps, and the thing over the handle on the back hatch. i will be doing the lip on my spoiler and the overlay on my front bumper next

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
I may try some to make my roof flag. How flat is the result and how about spraying it through a mask or using masking tape?
(I am thinking of either using a Scottish St Andrews or a South Carolina flag)

·
Registered
109 Posts
I did this in April. So far so good but when I washed it I could see small area wearing thin. You can't really wash it with a terri cloth towel because it has a texture. It actually feels like skin of an animal.... very creepy feeling. Anyway I used electrical tape to mask the sides. Kinda glad I did because it peels different than paper. If you masked with paper tape the paint sticks to it and wanna peels in one piece.

My cheesy armrest!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey that's what I want to do is that with the plasti dip and also and I like the arm rest I looks good for sure got a DIY on that arm rest...... And where can I get the bumper caps for the license plate

·
Registered
88 Posts
my first lil mod with plasti dip

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts

black plasti dip.

4 coats black 1 coat gold metalizer.

not completely sure how I feel about it yet.
I decided to paint them because when i bought the rims the paint was all chipped up :/

·
Registered
19 Posts
thanks man.
yeah to get it brighter you could use white plasti dip instead for the base instead of black.

overall I like the use of plasti dip. if you don't like it you can just take it off. from the time i have had them on my rims, never had an issue. the only problem i had was when i had to get my tires changed. when i took them to the shop, while they were separating the tires from the rim, some of the plasti dip tore a little.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.