Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the Streetglow Lightstrike undercar kit and I need help with how to install the kit (mainly the wiring), First where can I run the wires so they don't get burned or pinched? Two the lightstrike kit has a wire for the dome light and one for the ignition, where do I find the wires on the car for the dome light and the ignition? Three how do I get the wires form the outside of the car too the inside? Four how do I power the kit, Do I run the kit wires to the battery or do I go somewhere else? Sorry for all the noob Questions I'm new to moding my car. Before anyone says take the kit to a pro,I dont want to do that one because I want to learn and two I can't afford a pro.

Thank you:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
1. I ran wires right next to the lights themselves, just ziptied up to the tube and out of the way. Just stay away from any exhaust components.

2. The dome light wire and ignition wire both should be fed out of one of the fuse boxes.

3. There are 2 grommets housed on the firewall. One on the passenger side is a ton easier to get wires through. I would just try to feed them through there if you have enough wire on each tube.

4. I would run the kit wires through the passenger grommet behind the glove box to the battery, and make sure to install a switch of some kind so that you do not leave them on all the time.

Hope some of this helps you out.

·
Registered
159 Posts
what he said is the basic nuts and bolts of it. you can find a wiring diagram and put those wires directly to the dome and ign. i would go to the column for that (ign) it just makes for a cleaner and safer install. also put the switch in line so you can turn it on and off and your golden. make sure when installing the tubes that you make it so that the tubes are hidden and all you see is the glow. i HATE seeing underbody tubes, it looks crappy.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the answers, I'm going to try to install the kit tomorrow or Monday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.