Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone come across some decent "plug and play" HID lights? I'm wanting to change my head/taillight bulbs to something a lot brighter but don't want to install an HID kit. I came across some before through some different postings on here and online stores but not sure if anyone here has used/seen them before. Any info. would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
52 Posts
i got my HID kit from a company called A&R Motorsports in Tx. i live the kit i got. i got the 6000k digital ballast kit. i would do bussiness with these guys again. one of my ballast popped when it was first put in and i called them up and they sent me out a new one with out any questions asked. i just had to send back the bad ballast. great service and good products.

·
Registered
214 Posts
AUTOVIZION (japanese not taiwan made) plug and play HID is good. so far i have no problem with them. installed it on thanksgiving day. i have 10k slim ballast. on video it looked green but it's not. it's blueish-purpleish. the digicam is crappy.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I'm also interested in some HID's, any good brands, or prices to go with?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked out those compnies websites. The produscts they got on there seem pretty good. Majority of HID's include ballasts(sp?) correct? Is there an option to just replace the bulb itself with a HID bulb? Has anybody done this? It seems like it would be possible but I'm fairly certain that the outcome will be comparable but not the same. Also, are there any restricions to the brightness levels of HID's?

·
Registered
52 Posts
galon98 said:
I checked out those compnies websites. The produscts they got on there seem pretty good. Majority of HID's include ballasts(sp?) correct? Is there an option to just replace the bulb itself with a HID bulb? Has anybody done this? It seems like it would be possible but I'm fairly certain that the outcome will be comparable but not the same. Also, are there any restricions to the brightness levels of HID's?
you need the ballast to power the new HID bulbs. so no just putting in the HID bulds will not work.

Dude. said:
http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p=product&id=102&parent=85

this is what I think i'm going to go with. either 6000 or 8000. what do y'all think?

I got the 6000k for my xb a few weeks ago and i love it. its more of a pure white light with a tint of blue in it. it made a world of difference.

·
Registered
783 Posts
azn6915 said:
I got the 6000k for my xb a few weeks ago and i love it. its more of a pure white light with a tint of blue in it. it made a world of difference.
what brand do you have?

·
Registered
214 Posts
just as long as the ballasts are nowhere near an area that gets super hot and that the red and black wires don't touch they will last.

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just ordered some hids from Meng Motorsports, came across them on facebook. got some 5000k for 108 shipped & tax. I will review them after i get them installed probably in a week or so, I plan on blackhousing my headlights when I install them so I need to set aside a day to do it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.