Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if this is the wrong place for this question. I'm new to the forums and a new "old" Scion xB owner. I recently bought a very clean, appears well-cared for 2005 xB from a good friend of my granddaughter. The CEL/VSC/Track Off lights are on, which he told me and, of course, I could see for myself. He said he had recently changed the plugs/coils (ignition coils I think they're called) but the CEL read at AutoZone is showing that plugs/coils needed to be changed, and he even gave me the printout from AZ. Typically I wouldn't have bought a car with CEL light on, but like I said, good friend of granddaughter (you DO NOT want to piss her off); I felt he was being straight about it, and my SIL said "no big thing, probably something not reconnected just right, plug gap maybe not set just right .... I'll take a look and fix it." Except now dear SIL, who always means well, can't seem to find the time to look/fix. The car cranks right up, runs fine (to the extent I know what running fine means), no stalling or any such. So having said all that, how concerned do I need to be? Would it be best to just take it to a mechanic to be checked, worst case being that plugs/coils DO need replacing? Any advice and/or suggestion greatly appreciated :laugh:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts